+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dave, if you are near Bilpin I believe the resort has cleared reservations and are taking volunteer fighters in for rest and showers, etc.

One of the owners is an old friend of my DH, their offer popped up in my news feed.

If I lived closer I would offer my house too. We are too far south though.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll google Bilpin, a friend off my wood working forum has offered me to stay with him and his wife ... they are in Katoomba

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you have somewhere to stay, I grew up in a fire prone area, it all comes flooding back when situations like this arise.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a huge effort being out in by many people.

On somewhere to stay - still favouring closer if possible but the offer I have is excellent.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work Dave!!! We have such an awesome crew here in Australia! And seeing all the out if area and other states heading up is warming my heart!
    I'm from the Macarthur region and my hubby is part of the RFS and had been on standby at a local airport with the RART team for the last few days! I have no idea where he is ATM but am hoping he and all the other firies out there are staying safe!

Good work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DewDanni For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dave, I grew up at the foot of the mountains and know plenty of people up near you. I have put word out that you need a place to crash when off duty and will let you know if anyone can put you up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG242 For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was up that way I'd accommodate you

Well done and thank you to all of you guys!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good job Dave. Love when the aussie spirit comes out and fighting! Wish I could help you out re sleeping arrangements.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    Love when the aussie spirit comes out and fighting!
    You know it is so true in so many big and little ways. There are us firies who in this instance get so much credit.

What has to be remembered is the community support. Here in Lithgow there are 300 or more volunteer fire fighters at a time flying in and out. They work 24 hours around the clock. But - the community feeds us, beds us as best they can and gives us a warm welcome.

I just went down the Main Street (walked) and forgot my wallet. HArvey Norman gave me a phone charger so I can use my gps function in the truck as the truck one is not working.

In the street (I was wearing RFS tshirt) people stopped and thanked me. One guy has made a thank you RFS sign on his house. People beeped and waved.

Back at the base station where the brethren are looking after us is a table full of hand made cards from the kids of one of the primary schools thanking us for saving their homes, town, school etc. put a lump in my throat as I walked down the table reading each one and looking at the pictures they drew.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 23-10-2013 at 15:00.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (23-10-2013),My Beloved Ones  (23-10-2013),Purple Lily  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    You know it is so true in so many big and little ways. There are us firies who in this instance get so much credit.

What has to be remembered is the community support. Here in Lithgow there are 300 or more volunteer fire fighters at a time flying in and out. They work 24 hours around the clock. But - the community feeds us, beds us as best they can and gives us a warm welcome.

I just went down the Main Street (walked) and forgot my wallet. HArvey Norman gave me a phone charger so I can use my gps function in the truck as the truck one is not working.

In the street (I was wearing RFS tshirt) people stopped and thanked me. One guy has made a thank you RFS sign on his house. People beeped and waved.

Back at the base station where the brethren are looking after us is a table full of hand made cards from the kids of one of the primary schools thanking us for saving their homes, town, school etc. put a lump in my throat as I walked down the table reading each one and looking at the pictures they drew.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    All that doesn't even come close to repaying for the amazing job all you firies do, thank you