+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Singapore with a 5yr old and 22mth old

We are thinking of going to Singapore in January with the children. Do you have any recommendations on places to stay things to do. We've been recommended to stay at the Hotel Ibis or Rendevous. Does anyone have any experience of either?
    Both children have flown to Europe before so I'm not concerned about the relatively short flight from Perth 😄I would however like a hotel with a pool so that they can cool down and relax after doing the touristy things. DP and I have been before and would like to go back to Universal studios and maybe take the kids to the water park, but wouldn't bother with underwater world or the night safari again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sentosa Island would be quite good, as I think they have a cable car across to it now which I know my little boy would love. Mates of ours went recently with their five yo and loved Lego Land.

I've been twice but only been pre-children so no family friendly hotel recommendations, but transited through the airport a few times with kids on route to London so look out for all the kid friendly things there while you're waiting for your flight! They have a pool, butterfly garden, and loads of kids play areas. I personally find Singapore way too humid and hot though, nearly drowned in my own sweat during our visits, but sure you're aware of the heat as you've been before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bond girl. Lego land. Ooh will have a search for that. Yep thinking Sentosa but wondering whether to stay there or nearer orchard rd. Yep humidity does worry me a little but I didn't hate it last time (like I did Thailand) so hoping we'll be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's not too late, we went with the kids earlier in the year and I blogged about our stay. I'll PM you the link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cas79. Haven't booked Singapore yet. Going to try Bali first, hopefully Singapore later this year.