+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 168 cm, 62kg, BMI 22 (normal) but a flabby size 14. The scales tell me absolutely nothing about my body, I put on fat but not weight for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Currently it's 27 I had DD2 6 weeks ago so I'm just waiting for the all clear to get back into a good gym routine.

I didn't realize how much weight I'd put on during my pregnancy and now it's really bummed me out. Normally my BMI hovers around 22-23 so I want to get back to that healthy range before the end of the year.
    Yes it is really confronting isnt it. I put on 11kg with my first, a whopping 21kg with my second and im up 12kg so far at 34 weeks with my third! All outside the heathly weight ranges according to my middy that you can put on. But meh, it does come off in my case it dropped off pretty quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 177cm and 87kg so my bmi is currently 27.8 😩 according to the better health website I'm overweight. I totally agree with this. I put on 18kg when I had DS in April this year. I had twins in 2005 and my weight when I was full term (36 weeks) was 86kg! So I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant with twins! I was only 20 when I had my girls and my body bounced back after I had them (I was down to 63kg within 8 weeks) this time it's taken me 6 months and I'm still 2kg off pre baby weight. Ideally I'd like to get back to 70kg which is what I weighed when I got married in April 2011. This has actually shocked me quite a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Currently it's 27 I had DD2 6 weeks ago so I'm just waiting for the all clear to get back into a good gym routine.

I didn't realize how much weight I'd put on during my pregnancy and now it's really bummed me out. Normally my BMI hovers around 22-23 so I want to get back to that healthy range before the end of the year.
    I had DD3 10 weeks ago and hate the baby weight. I put on 8 kg which doesn't sound like much but I was a bit heavier after years of IVF treatments.

One thing I am glad of now looking back was that my ob weighed me so I knew what I was gaining.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the responses, but I have flicked through the pics. My first comment is: so many beautiful women! And I'm not talking only about people of a particular size... I genuinely struggle to see how beauty can be simplified and tied to something as simplistic as someone's weight.

I'm 165cm (I think), and currently 51kg - so BMI of 18.
    This is by far the least I've weighed since I was about 11... I was about 56kg before getting pregnant, and have progressively lost weight in the year since my daughter was born (breastfeeding...probably also being busier and snacking less).

I'm happy with my size and shape, but then I'd be just as happy if I were the weight I was at my heaviest so far (59kg - BMI ).

Like most women, I have little things that I'd prefer were different with regard to my body, but I actively ignore thoughts like that and focus on the amazing things my body has done and can do. I hate that our society is obsessed with women's bodies, and will do my best not to buy into it.

Edit: I accidently said I was 65cm tall

Thanks
    Reviews
    176cm, 60kg. Bmi I think is between 19-20

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am shorty at 152 cm and 58 kg. I am not sure my bmi but I am pretty sure i am a bit over weight. I am size 10- 12 bottom and 12-14 top..i don't like tight tops so i tend to go 1 size larger than normal.. All weight sit under the bust down, big belly, big bum, big thighs, big legs...*sigh*..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Size 8-10. 159cms, 51kgs. BMI is 20 = healthy weight
    My waist measurement is within normal range when using that method and when calculating my age and height by that method I am also in the healthy range so whichever method I use gives me the same result.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 23-10-2013 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know, I threw out my scales about 5 yrs ago and haven't looked back! I have had some fairly serious body image problems in the past and weighing myself every day gave me anxiety so I threw out my scales and stopped.
    Now I just go on the fit of my clothes, I am a size 8-10 if I feel my size 10 jeans getting a bit tight I know it is time to move more and eat a bit less!
    Although since being pregnant my thighs look like they are made of hail damaged cottage cheese... not sure what to do about that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Renn  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Some of these replies are ringing warning bells for me. Please folks lets not start becoming pro-Ana or encouraging low BMIs
    If you mean me, because I said I don't believe I am underweight though my BMI suggests it, I'm about 168cm tall and 52kg, and I look healthy. I don't think I need to lose any weight (though could do with toning up my thighs, where I carry most of it) but will definitely not try and put on weight to get in a different bmi range.