+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was scared of sids too and made up my mind before bub was born we wouldnt co sleep...but now it sometimes is the only thing that works to get a good night sleep. Just do it safely with a proper precautions and it is a wonderful bonding experience....and doesnt last forever. Do what works for you and forget everything anyone else tells you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi! Such a wonderful yet tiring time!!! I swore by the dvd 'happiest baby on the block' by Harvey karp. The strategies worked for us and our bub. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    hi! Such a wonderful yet tiring time!!! I swore by the dvd 'happiest baby on the block' by Harvey karp. The strategies worked for us and our bub. Good luck
    Second this. LOOVED the book. Made me feel comfortable about dd sleeping in the swing too. I ended up purchasing a fisher price rock and play sleeper- same incline as the swing, portable (folds up and chuck it in the boot) and designed to be slept in. Best $90 I ever spent.

If you don't want to purchase the book, the troublesome tots site (Google it) covers it all and has great advice and reassurance. I spent many nights at that website.

Edit: the current national guidelines for SIDS is that co sleeping is NOT recommended. Not saying people shouldn't, (for example I had dd in her own room by 4 months against the guidelines) but you should be aware that is the current guidelines. You need to do what YOU feel comfortable with. Personally, for me that was not co-sleeping, I tried it and didn't work for us at all. But you do what works for YOU!!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 24-10-2013 at 06:55.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I was thinking about you last night, OP, because I remember so vividly how petrified I was of DS dying from SIDS. I just wanted to say that the odds are really very low. I know it does happen, and I of course think it's important to follow the guidelines. The SIDS website does have information about safe co-sleeping, and if you are not a smoker and haven't consumed alcohol or drugs it's obviously a lot safer.

Anyway, I found this piece of information really comforting when the anxiety overwhelmed me: 'Get out a quarter, a six-sided die, and a thoroughly shuffled deck of cards. On a piece of paper, write down heads or tails, a number between 1 and 6 and a card. Then flip the coin, roll the die, and randomly pluck a card out of the deck. The probability that you wrote down the correct outcomes for all three of those is 1 in 624, substantially greater than 1 in 1000.' The rate of SIDS death in Australia is now 1 in 2000.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

LittleGumnut  (29-10-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 24-10-2013 at 08:57.