+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Tamtam. I might introduce egg in about a month, I just don't want to hurt her little belly because her cmpi was bad and she was in a lot of pain for quite some time. Thanks for sharing your experience, I might try the custard and see if she will eat it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    Thanks Tamtam. I might introduce egg in about a month, I just don't want to hurt her little belly because her cmpi was bad and she was in a lot of pain for quite some time. Thanks for sharing your experience, I might try the custard and see if she will eat it
    Is so hard to know isn't it?! I was very worried about giving her a tummy ache.

I just made the custard from scratch with her formula. Omg it tasted gross!!!! My dd wasn't too keen either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah I nearly gag when I open the tin of neocate. I can totally understand why they hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha yeah I nearly gag when I open the tin of neocate. I can totally understand why they hate it!
    And neocate has to be the worst!!! One of the first finger foods I gave was an egg mixed with formula and scrambled. I know you don't want to try egg yet. . but this was a good way for us because the amount she actually got in her mouth was tiny (was just a mess!!) And I helped a bit. And no reaction. Then I just increased how much egg she ate. She loves it now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cue! It was a long, long road diagnosing it (no one believed me when I said there was something wrong) I didn't introduce formula until she was around 7 months so she was well and truly a booby lover by then! Your message gives me hope- my dd had bad reactions but she's no longer on losec for her reflux which is great, hopefully she also grows out of this soon too. If you don't mind me asking (and derailing the thread) how did you introduce dairy? I'm not sure if to try it with myself first, then her and if I should start with cooked food. I've had heaps of conflicting advice!
    I can completely relate - we got a diagnosis at 12wks on our second emergency visit due to persistent screaming, leg pulling, lack of weight gain, green mucousy poo, horrible reflux - poor kid was so unwell.

Being off reflux meds is great, hopefully your DD is starting to grow out of it.

I started trialling dairy after she turned 1 do was on quite a but of solids by then. I added a tiny bit of cheese to meals, did that for a few days, then made things with milk in the cooking, then a little bit of yoghurt. Now she loves dairy. I didn't give her a cup of plain milk until she was probably 18mo or so and I was sure she was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing-my 8mo has cmpi and fructose intolerance. Makes food harder then it needs to be !

One of her favs is steamed broccoli.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 9mth old is eating pretty much anything we do.
    The food intollerances and allergies make it a little harder for you but my DD grew out of her nut and egg allergy by 2yrs old.

DS loves to chew on a chicken drumstick
    I put a suction bowl on his high chair tray with what ever we are having in it, he uses his hands and goes nuts. It's messy but i dont have the patience to spoon feed! i also want to eat at the same time! Last night he had a curry and rice.
    Apple cinnamon pikelets with ricotta on top
    Today he helped himself to chunks of scrambled eggs with herbs for lunch (u have to cook the eggs overdone)
    I introdued cow's milk in cooking when he started food at 6mths. cheese sauce over broccoli and cauliflower florrets are his fav.
    Rice pudding made with cow's milk - he didnt eat it when i made with formula. Cow's milk protein hanges when cooked, so its ok for bub's tum.
    I have baby cans and pouches of fruit puree (yep lazy but its cheaper!) like apples, pears and combinations id never think of like guava peach and banana ,'superberries' ect. These are good to have in cupboard to add to cooking and cereal.
    Sometimes my kids will just have a fruit pouch as a snack!
    little fish/crab cakes, salmon cakes, tuna cakes u can add heaps of vege and herbs and flavours.
    spinach, fetta and cheese inbetween tortilla bread, cook in pan both sides untill cheese melts, cut into qtrs, serve with sweet chilli sauce
    little meatballs they can fit in their hands - again u can get a heap of vege and flavour in these serve with rice or penne pasta
    banana saltana cake, just leave out the sugar and add more banana and saltanas! My toddler loves helping me bake, we have alot of frozen baked goods! like cheesy scones, fruity muffins, pizza pin wheels. this arvo we are making blueberry and white choc chip cookies! yummm DS will eat these too.
    For snacks ds has cruskits with cheese spread, avo, vegemite, hummus. Marie or arrowroot bikkie. rusk. yoghurt. custard (just a pre-made carton one with whole milk) fruit - his fav at the moment are blueberries i love watching him try to pick them up individually!

DS also eats supermarket pouch food when we are not home. he doesnt love it but its good to know he will eat these as they are soooo convienient when out and about. esp the custard ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks for the ideas Beefie! Heaps I will try. Unfortunately my dd is intolerant to cows milk even when cooked, but some great ideas for when she (hopefully) grows out of it as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by F&A View Post
    Subbing-my 8mo has cmpi and fructose intolerance. Makes food harder then it needs to be !

One of her favs is steamed broccoli.
    One of my dd's favourite is steamed broccoli too! I just bought her some puffed wheat from the health food section (it's called kamut) and she loves it as a snack. It has nothing else added to it either