+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im truly blessed and I know it and thank my lucky stars everyday. Nothing more serious than a common cold so far for ds he's 4. Dd is 6 and shes had an ear infection requiring antibiotics. But other than that only colds. Usually only last a few days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rarely. I get a bout of some vomiting bug every few years, she's the same. We get a little sniffly through Winter but not a full blown cold, only a mild one. We both do have asthma, however with a preventer and keeping the Ventolin close by means I haven't been hospitalised in about 15 years and she's never been hospitalised with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 7yo - fairly healthy. He's had tonsillitis a couple of times, fever a couple of times. When he was 3 he kept getting a gastro bug, he'd end up in hospital for monitoring.

Ds2 4yo - he has had about 10 colds. Caught a gastro bug about 3 times. He has asthma but seems to be growing out of it (I think, barely uses his nebuliser).

Overall I think my kids have been healthy.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until this week I would have said never! Even with being at daycare 1 day a week, But we have been hit with a nasty ear and chest infection for the first time ever..

I just hope its not a sign of things to come, and becomes a regular occurrence.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    For a while there my DS1 was getting sick every fortnight. He goes to childcare three days a week and over Autumn and Winter, I think I was lucky to have one fortnight where I didn't have time off from work.

Oddly, now that I am on maternity leave, he hasn't been sick once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7yo has the same super power too he has never been sick for more than 24hrs in his whole life!

My other two kids, they have both had 2 whole week stints (viruses both times) other then that, they don't get sick either.

SD3... probably every third week we get her she is sick with something her Dad has a low immune system too, so he usually ends up catching her bugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Compared to other kids we know, not a lot. Dd1 had lots of fevers etc when she was younger. Since all her teeth are through and have been for quite a few years now, she might get the odd cold. I expect dd2 will be the same.

Some kids(quite a few actually) we know are sick more often than they are well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Up to 18 months he never got sick. Then he got ear infections every time he got the sniffles. At 6 he started getting migraines, both headache and abdominal. At 7 he had his appendix out and since then has had constant gut issues. Since school went back this term he has come home sick 3 times and our gp is finally looking into why this is happening all the time. Other than that he gets maybe 1 or 2 colds a year and he's had gastro a handful of times.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter has never really been sick , 2.5 and never been on an antibiotic or even had Panadol.

My son on the other hand was sick with colds and ear infections non stop as a baby , and now he constantly gets croup and also has bad asthma but it's eased off definitely compared to the years 1-2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 is 2 1/2 and has had one cold and one vomiting bug. That's it.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013