+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it my Period? Less than one month post birth

I think I am getting my period?! But I can't really remember what they felt like!
    I am breastfeeding my 3 week 4 day old baby - on demand - which can be as much as 3-4 hourly at night but more frequently during the day (1-3 hourly). The bleeding post birth has eased until it was almost clear so I stopped using pads. Last night I noticed that I had fresh red blood and had bleed through my nightclothes onto my breastfeeding chair. The bleeding is still there now. I have back pain and feel achey. And yes, I have been moody the last few days - but I do have a newborn... so this could be normal

I also noticed that my daughter has been showing breast refusal and pulling away from my nipples, kicking my sore breasts and my nipples feel much more tender.

Chocolate needs have been insanely high lately - at least a block a day - but once again: I have a newborn... so this could be normal! ;-)

I had thought that because I was breastfeeding that I would avoid the period for a while at least...
    Could it be something else? I am seeing my maternal health nurse in four days so I could ask her or should I call my OB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm pretty sure I've had mine already and I'm 6weeks post birth. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Sometimes it just happens and we're the unlucky ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had mine a month post. and i was breastfeeding full time. its sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written almost the same thing, I'm giving it a could of days and see if it settles down, I have learnt that my body behaves differently for each pregnancy, with DD1 exactly 6 weeks after her birth my body was back in rhythm, and she was demand breastfed, DS I never got a period and fell pregnant with DD2 when he was 6 months old, and now with DD2 seems like my body is back in routine after 3 weeks I'm hoping it may still be just some post bleeding and I have a few more months before I get my period back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was bfing and got mine after 4 weeks. I was shocked.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup I got mine at 4 weeks pp and was bf full time. The only way I knew it was AF and not pp bleeding was because (tmi) of the smell. It was my normal AF smell not the pp open wound kind of smell. Plus I felt crap and a little crampy too and the blood was different as well (color, clots etc).
    Mine returned at 4,6,8,11 weeks then went MIA until 7 months later. Weird!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I got mine back after 6 weeks with DS1 and 4 weeks with DS2. We aren't all lucky and get to forgo periods for a lengthy amount of time post birth, unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I guess we are just the unlucky women!

Off to get some more chocolate...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sodalimebitters View Post
    I think I am getting my period?! But I can't really remember what they felt like!
    I am breastfeeding my 3 week 4 day old baby - on demand - which can be as much as 3-4 hourly at night but more frequently during the day (1-3 hourly). The bleeding post birth has eased until it was almost clear so I stopped using pads. Last night I noticed that I had fresh red blood and had bleed through my nightclothes onto my breastfeeding chair. The bleeding is still there now. I have back pain and feel achey. And yes, I have been moody the last few days - but I do have a newborn... so this could be normal

I also noticed that my daughter has been showing breast refusal and pulling away from my nipples, kicking my sore breasts and my nipples feel much more tender.

Chocolate needs have been insanely high lately - at least a block a day - but once again: I have a newborn... so this could be normal! ;-)

I had thought that because I was breastfeeding that I would avoid the period for a while at least...
    Could it be something else? I am seeing my maternal health nurse in four days so I could ask her or should I call my OB?
    I was seconds away from making a new post saying exactly this.
    Kind of bummed that it seems I have mine back too. Was hoping for alot longer than 4 1/2 weeks post birth. : /

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow guys! That is so early! My PP bleeding went for 9 weeks :-(
    So to get your period back so soon, how long did your PP bleed go for?? Just curious....