Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a crappy situation to have been in. I understand that you are probably quite angered at being accused of something that is very far from the truth, but you need to understand that it's important for any kind if suspected risk to be reported.

I'm glad that it was a good outcome for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP> What I find disgusting about this is...the police ONLY care about the kids. How about HELPING the adult who needs the help. This is where things get out of control. The police think they can just come in and rip a family to shreds when the family is actually trying to get help to stay together!! How dare police make parents feel like horrid criminals simply for asking for HELP when things get out of hand!
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 21-10-2013 at 17:12.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    My brother and wife had a false allegation made against them to child services, it ended up being a neighbour who didn't like that they started a live (acoustic) music venue in their bar, even though they had a license to do so.

It really is just about one of the most awful things, being accused of being a bad parent, and if you are innocent, the fact is you are forever tainted by the allegations.

Sure mandatory means mandatory = but it does not mean innocent people don't fall through the cracks.
    That is a horrible story, I agree, but the difference from the OP is that the allegation against your brother and SIL was false. In the OP's case, there was a domestic disturbance call out involving an intoxicated and violent man in a house where children slept. In terms of whether this should have been reported or not, it's cut and dry.

To OP, I am not trying to sound unsympathetic - it sounds like a horrific situation, and I am truly glad that you were able to protect your children. I understand that your husband didn't predict nor intend this to happen, but the fact is that it did, and who knows what may have happened without you having called the police? I am glad you and your family are ok, and I understand it must be just horrible to feel lumped in with the truly neglectful and abusive families out there. But I believe the police did their job properly, and if what you say is true then nothing like this will ever happen again and there will be no need for further scrutiny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    What I find disgusting about this is...the police ONLY care about the kids. How about HELPING the adult who needs the help. This is where things get out of control. The police think they can just come in and rip a family to shreds when the family is actually trying to get help to stay together!! How dare police make parents feel like horrid criminals simply for asking for HELP when things get out of hand!
    Sorry I know you don't want to be quoted but you can't post something like that and expect it to go unchallenged.

I agree with part of what you are saying. Adults need to be given help too, that's important. However you can't blame the police for this situation, for ripping the Ops family apart. First of all, that hasn't happened yet and probably won't. Chances are the Op will experience a few checks and receive a bit of support. Secondly it's not the police's fault. It's the Op's hubby's for drinking to excess while on medication.
    Last edited by VicPark; 21-10-2013 at 17:47.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (21-10-2013),blissfulfairy  (21-10-2013),delirium  (21-10-2013),Gandalf  (21-10-2013),Lauzy  (21-10-2013),Lincolns mummy  (21-10-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (21-10-2013),snowqu33n  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I find disgusting about this is...the police ONLY care about the kids. How about HELPING the adult who needs the help. This is where things get out of control. The police think they can just come in and rip a family to shreds when the family is actually trying to get help to stay together!! How dare police make parents feel like horrid criminals simply for asking for HELP when things get out of hand!
    They did help the OP and her husband. He then went to his gp and got help there. They then made a MANDATORY report. I don't see where anyone ripped her family to shreds.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (21-10-2013),Gandalf  (21-10-2013),Lauzy  (21-10-2013),Mokeybear  (21-10-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sorry I know you don't want to be quotes but you can't post something like that and expect it to go unchallenged.

I agree with part of what you are saying. Adults need to be given help too, that's important. However you can't blame the police for this situation, for ripping the Ops family apart. First of all, that hasn't happened yet and probably won't. Chances are the Op will experience a few checks and receive a bit of support. Secondly it's not the police's fault. It's the Op's hubby's for drinking to excess while on medication.
    Will keep this just incase you ever post similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will keep this just incase you ever post similar

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

delirium  (21-10-2013),GirlsRock  (21-10-2013),Lauzy  (21-10-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (21-10-2013),Mokeybear  (21-10-2013),Mopoke  (21-10-2013),Starfish30  (21-10-2013),VicPark  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I fully support you but am not willing to face the BH perfects who have never been humiliated by the police. PM me if you want further support. I'm not willing nor am I mentally stable to put up with the 'perfect' bh crew out there. I find it very offensive that I am here to support you yet other's who I highly doubt have ever been in this situation to sit there and think they 'know it all' when each and every persons detainls are very different from others. I hope you can resolve this. FTP if you ask me...lol \
    Gone from this thread due to inconsiderate members.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 21-10-2013 at 17:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs OP. I have been investigated by DOCS after a paed at the local hospital reported me for abuse. It was a totally unfounded case, backed up by paeds at RCH. He reported me because he did not agree that I had had a home birth.

Not all mandatory reporting is legit, but unfortunately if a report is made it needs to be investigated.
    Hopefully in time OP you can move on from your experience

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP - another 'I sympathise hugely with you' reply - everything about the incident must have been very bewildering and frightening, for all of your family, I am just very glad it was sorted out quickly and as painlessly as possible.

From my experience of mandatory reporting etc (I am one myself), in this case I would think it very very very very very unlikely anything AT ALL happens and you ever hear anything ever again - the facts as have been stated make it a shut and dry case - a complete one off due to new meds that have been changed, which can be verified by the GP. There isn't any point in spending the money and time chasing something that clearly isn't there. I am sorry you feel victimised in this case, but remember the people at the end of the telephone don't know you from larry - it could be, as is the case, you are wonderful caring parents, but equally, it could be they are talking to the scum that they have to deal with on a regular basis, and without knowing you personally there isn't any way for them to tell. So they just treat everyone with the same bland professionalism - its hard dealing with absolute (insert word here) to the point you have to put some barriers up to protect yourself as well.

People shout, exactly like you point out, when things don't get reported/followed up on properly, so its just procedure, put there to exactly stop things falling through the cracks.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 21-10-2013 at 17:34.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

harvs  (21-10-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast