+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could It Be Fluid? TMI

So Im 25 weeks

A little background, DS was born at 38 weeks because I had a leak in my hind waters at 37 weeks. Being really young I didnt really notice, then I called the hospital and they said come in and the next day I had my baby.

Every time I go to the toilet Im wet, not satched but an obvious wet patch. I went to hospital last week, they did a swab and it was negative for animonic (sp)fluid. So then they tested for infection and said they would call me, and its probably just discharge.

5 days later and the wet patch is still constantly there, its not thick at all, its watery. And it smells bleachy/acidic.

Now the midwife told me she 'wasnt convinced' it was fluid from seeing my pad. When I went in with DS it was only a small leak. I am so sick of them making me feel stupid. Like Ive had this before and Im only 25 weeks this time so maybe they should take it a little more serious.

The first time it happened with DS, like I said it was a small leak, it took about 2 hours of sitting for someone to see pooling on my cervix. Cervix was still nice a shut ect.

I guess my question is, can they get this wrong? Can the test show a negative. They only had me sitting for 20 minutes before they had a look and swab.

I have an appointment with my GP this afternoon, he wont take any chances but am I being crazy? I know its around this time you have increased discharge but its not got any thickness to it at all.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump. Any advice please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same, I just put it down to extra vaginal secretions due to pregnancy. I've just been putting a liner in for comfort. I've had loads of scans at obs and he's never said anything about fluid being low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies, like I said, its mostly the smell of it thats making me worry. Otherwise Id be happy to pass it off as sweat/wee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pregnant with my first bub, so not much experience to go on. I just wanted to add that I could tell whenever AF was about to arrive because I could smell that acidic/bleachy smell you're describing. Could it possibly be your body just doing a bit of a self "clean out"?

I hope it gets resolved soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBubbaJack View Post
    Thanks Ladies, like I said, its mostly the smell of it thats making me worry. Otherwise Id be happy to pass it off as sweat/wee.
    Mine is acidic smelling as well (sorry tmi).
    Amniotic fluid is supposed to smell like semen, so I'm guessing it's not fluid.
    I think it's just 'keeping itself clean'...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its been constant for a week now. Theres no thickness to whatever it is. Its just like water.

Hospital is just brushing me off as a crazy pregnant women. My GP ordered an ultrasound for a fluid check so I will just have to wait for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those tests are notorious for being wrong! So much so that a lot of hospitals don't even bother keeping them in stock anymore! When I suspected a leak, the dr on call had to go to his rooms to get one as the ward had none.

I'd try again. Explain your history, tell them it's similar to last time but given you're 25 weeks you want them to do a proper examination.

Good luck xx I hope it's nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Those tests are notorious for being wrong! So much so that a lot of hospitals don't even bother keeping them in stock anymore! When I suspected a leak, the dr on call had to go to his rooms to get one as the ward had none.

I'd try again. Explain your history, tell them it's similar to last time but given you're 25 weeks you want them to do a proper examination.

Good luck xx I hope it's nothing
    I actually dont want to go back to my hospital, ever!! They have really upset me with the way I've been treated.

I feel like I have been very calm about all of this and been treated like a crazy pregnant woman who has no idea what she is on about.

The fact that my GP is more worried than my hospital is also concerning... I will just wait until my scan tomorrow afternoon and hopefully the US tech can tell me then and there if theres a normal amount of fluid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TMI but I had HEAPS of discharge when I was pregnant, it sounds pretty much the same as what you are describing. It wasn't amniotic fluid, just normal discharge but it freaked me out a bit too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (22-10-2013)