Closed Thread
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole77 View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been reading just not commenting. I'm sorry for those who had a cycle cancelled or had their embryos frozen due to risk of OHSS.
    just wanted to say I had severe OHSS over Christmas, which caused me to be in hospital over two weeks, I was in high dependency ward for half that time. I was very very sick, was told all my organs were compromised and my life was at risk. It was a lot to take in and I haven't been at work since the 15th of December and won't be going back until half way through February.
    i was told that if I had more then one embryo transferred they would have insisted I terminated my pregnancy because my life would have been in severe danger.
    just wanted to say if you can avoid or lessen the impact of OHSS please take it. OHSS os painful and scary, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

anyway good news I am 7 weeks pregnant and have my first scan today. I've been nauseous, very tired and some vomiting. Plus tmi my boobs hurt and I can't eat chicken or chocolate, but am loving chocolate milk and chicken twisties.
    just looking forward to seeing our little miracle today.
    That sounds horrible !! I'm so afraid I may be at High risk of developing Ohss as I am young and have low AMH so they have put me on a dose of 150 I really hope not.

Congrats on the pregnancy that's a wonderful outcome !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on you pregnancy Nicole, sucks about the OHSS! I had it on my first ivf cycle and it only gets really bad if your pregnant which happened to me and I also had it at the same time over Xmas but mine wasn't as bad as yours by the sounds of things I had to take 6 weeks off work too. But I now have a beautiful DD! This time I've been good so far my oestrogen level was half that it was when I went in for my EPU last time and I've had 2 transferred this time so FX they are sticky ones! Good luck for your scan today 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bel How did your US go? How are you feeling?
    I asked the nurse this morning about the discharge and she said it's completely normal.

Phee how are you feeling?

Today's US showed 9 follies growing at the right size so booked in for EPU 7am Friday.
    Fingers crossed there is some nice mature eggies in those follies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amandale, if you have low amh you are probably not as risk of ohss. That's what my fs told me anyhow
    Congrats Nicole! Sounds like a horrendous break but good outcome all the same. I didn't realise ohss could be so severe!!

Am back at FS today for another scan to see if in actually going to ovulate this cycle. Fingers crossed something is happening and I can transfer sometime next week. Otherwise I guess it's more waiting!!

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    It's 5 feb. When is yours?
    Feb 1st. I hate this part, im already scrutinising every single twitch. Gahhhh!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats horrible try, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. It's hard hearing people say they are pregnant. You know what I "love" hearing is how people fall WHILE on contraception..... Grrr, I always think they are lying, but it's probably just my jealousy.
    Elm and midny: good luck I hope your tww goes quick.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all

Kymbo: great follies, how exciting for EPU this Friday

Amandale: I agree with 90Bayside, the high risk OHSS patients are those with a high AMH (well over 30). I was told the average starting dose is 150 so thats certainly not high. Hopefully just right for you!

AFM: had a BT and US this morning, i am still responding very slowly to meds so will likely need to stim for an extra week!! If all goes according to plan EPU is not this friday but next! Scan showed one follie at 10mm and a few smaller.

Good luck and to those cycling and in the TWW and thinging of those with a BFN or are taking a break xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok that's good news then I hope it's right for me.
    Who else is stating to jab around 8th of feb ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bel, exciting and terrifying lol
    Sorry to hear you have to wait a bit longer, your eggies are just spending as much time as they can in there before they have to mature and get collected

Amandale: I have pcos and my AHM came back lower than they expected for someone with pcos (19.5) so they put me on 150 and so far by the looks of it that's just what I needed.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls I have a quick question?

How close to ovulation would you normally get a scan for follicle size and endometrium thickness? My FS has done a request for Cd 12 and 17 but that's bad on a 32 day cycle, my last 2 cycles have been 35 days ovulating around cd 22. I've called and left a message asking if I should change them.

Eta we are doing a non medicated cycle

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app