Closed Thread
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Trytrytry - freeze all sucks but it least EPU is not cancelled, so that's a positive I guess. When my Dec cycle was freeze all, I was soooo upset.

Make sure you find out that next FET cycle is free (just Medicare costs). They might get you to wait another AF because you do your next FET in order to bring your E2 levels down first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kymbo welcome, hope your follies continue to grow well. I'm only one day behind you so we may be testing buddies :-)
    Congrats on being Pupo Nezz!

Question for the seasoned (and not so seasoned) ivf'ers...what's everyone's take on caffeine during an ivf cycle? 1 or 2 cups of coffee ok or best to completely cut out? Thanks x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Nezz79  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

My name is Claire and I am new to this site.

I was referred to this website by a friend. We started IVF in November and fell first go but it was short lived I ha D&C a week ago so dealing with the aftermath of h loss and waiting another 5 weeks to see my FS.

Claire
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bel- I'm a caffeine addict so I still have my 2/3 cups a day until ET, then it's just one a day. My ob says that 1 machine coffee or 2 instant a day is fine whilst pregnant.

I know other ladies cut it entirely, but if the ob says it's ok, then it's ok enough for me. HOWEVER don't forget that chocolate and tea has caffeine in them!!! So you will need to really limit those if you have machine coffee.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Wishnhope - what protocol are you doing with your fet?
    TBH I have no idea what it is called, Its a medicated FET, Im on 25 Puregon with a 250 Overdril Trigger. Same one ill be one til it works or we run out embies, which ever comes first!

Welcome Kymbo82!! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Claire, I'm so sorry about your loss. What a low after your high of your BFP. It is a sense of loss that no one can imagine unless they have gone through it. Before I got pregnant with my 2 year old, I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks.

My story is this...,
    I had my BFP, then I had to test every 2 days because my HCG levels were lower than they wanted @ 56. It kept doubling, so after 6 days, they were happy and a scan was booked for a week's time.

I then started bleeding at work, just spotting. I went to ER, after 7hrs and heaps of blood tests, they said that I still had HCG and it was a high number so there's nothing that they could do. If there is a miscarriage, because it is so early on in the pregnancy, modern medicine can't help. The body will do its thing. 2 days of spotting....then got heavier. I was in denial at this stage....until it got really heavy at work. I went to the toilets and passed a big clunk of blood chunk. I knew it was the baby. It was the most decapitating thing I had ever been through. The emotional roller coaster...the hoping, the prayer....

BUT there are positives....as I said, I fell pregnant with my son at the next round of IVF. The D&C helps with implantation rates. You KNOW your body can fall pregnant, it just wasn't right at this time, for whatever reasons. I once got told that if you have a miscarriage, what you can take from that is it's your body trying to tell you that the embryo just wasn't "right" and it's nature doing it's thing. This was what got me through it....there's nothing that I did wrong, or the baby, it just wasn't the "right " combination of cells that caused the baby to go.

Again, I'm so sorry. It will be ok. Just keep looking forward...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kymbo82! You and I are really similar! This is my first time with ivf, had 1st scan today, 6 good follicles, EPU booked for Friday and ET Wednesday! Good luck!

Welcome Claire, I'm so sorry for your loss. I fell pregnant naturally after 9 months of trying but at 5 weeks hcg was only 56. I was scheduled for another blood test 3 days later, and was planning to go after work, but that morning I woke up with a little bit of spotting. I told myself it was nothing and went to school but within an hour I was in so much pain and bleeding really heavily. I was a really challenging time, and like Frenchy, the only way I got through was telling myself that "at least I know I can get pregnant and until know I wasn't sure", and "that embryo just wasn't right, there was nothing I could have done". It's been 18 months since then and unfortunately that is the only time I've conceived but I still cling to the fact that I know I can do it, and hopefully ivf will be just what we need! Good luck, I hope you (and everyone here!) have a healthy pregnancy soon!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    Hi Claire, I'm so sorry about your loss. What a low after your high of your BFP. It is a sense of loss that no one can imagine unless they have gone through it. Before I got pregnant with my 2 year old, I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks.

My story is this...,
    I had my BFP, then I had to test every 2 days because my HCG levels were lower than they wanted @ 56. It kept doubling, so after 6 days, they were happy and a scan was booked for a week's time.

I then started bleeding at work, just spotting. I went to ER, after 7hrs and heaps of blood tests, they said that I still had HCG and it was a high number so there's nothing that they could do. If there is a miscarriage, because it is so early on in the pregnancy, modern medicine can't help. The body will do its thing. 2 days of spotting....then got heavier. I was in denial at this stage....until it got really heavy at work. I went to the toilets and passed a big clunk of blood chunk. I knew it was the baby. It was the most decapitating thing I had ever been through. The emotional roller coaster...the hoping, the prayer....

BUT there are positives....as I said, I fell pregnant with my son at the next round of IVF. The D&C helps with implantation rates. You KNOW your body can fall pregnant, it just wasn't right at this time, for whatever reasons. I once got told that if you have a miscarriage, what you can take from that is it's your body trying to tell you that the embryo just wasn't "right" and it's nature doing it's thing. This was what got me through it....there's nothing that I did wrong, or the baby, it just wasn't the "right " combination of cells that caused the baby to go.

Again, I'm so sorry. It will be ok. Just keep looking forward...
    That's such a good way to describe it it's horrible that you had to go through that but when looking at it that way i think that would make women everywhere feel a lot better I read the other day that 1 in 5 pregnancies in Australia end in a miss carriage so you aren't alone that's for sure

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone,
    Wow! It sounds like things are really starting to happen for everyone now. Phew and trytrytry well done on your follicle growing! Sorry it has to be a freeze all trytrytry, but on the plus side at least it will give your body a chance to recover before transfer and that can only be a good thing.

Welcome to the new ladies - hope your journeys from here are short and successful.

To those how have had miscarriages, so sorry to hear and I hope things only go up from here.

Nezz, huge congrats on being PUPO!
    All the best of luck for a BFP on BT day! We can be TWW buddies! What date is your BT?

My transfer went well yesterday and my beautiful little ice ice baby is now on board - hopefully snuggling in!
    The pic of our emby looked good - it had progressed over night and was transferred as a day 4 compacting mortula, which is the furthest we have gotten before transfer so far - which we are very happy about.

All the best everyone. Hope all the needles, aches and pains, ups and downs result in happy, healthy pregnancies for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frenchy81 - thanks for the tip about the cost. My ivf nurse has already told me that since my transfer was cancelled due to medical reasons the frozen will be free.

I'm so annoyed about it as the only time I have been pregnant was after my first fresh transfer.