Closed Thread
Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    Quick question... To the unfortunately experienced ladies... With my first appt this Wednesday, and AF due between then and Friday, what are my chances of being able to start stimming this cycle???? Do they usually perform all the pre-cycle tests that day or do you have to wait?
    Hi Bow Ties,
    It took me quite a few weeks to get sorted before I could start. I went for a pelvic ultrasound, blood test, Pap smear. DH had a SA and blood test. We then had another appt to sign consent forms then go over protocol. Last was a nurse interview. None of the tests were done on site, I was just given referrals to get done. Good luck! The fun begins x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sorry I haven't posted much; this thread moves so fast! Hello to everyone who's joined recently

Someone asked about acupuncture - I go weekly and also right before&after transfer. Since I started weekly acupuncture about six months ago I have had stronger and earlier ovulation and better implantation (one embie made it to 9w!) so I think it is definitely having an effect.

Re supplements, I take the Blackmores pregnancy gold, and CoQ10, and a Vitamin B complex with lots of B6 (extends luteal phase) and Selenium, which NZ soils are deficient in so I won't be getting enough through food. I also try to eat lots of leafy greens and veges and red meat and eggs, and not much wheat. Since December I've also started back running and doing weights and I feel much better for it - I had stopped most exercise during all the IVFs etc last year for fear of bouncing the baby out.

MrsFurBabies, my AF was a few days late after a failed cycle - three or four days, from memory. I hope yours comes soon.

Bow Ties Are Cool, I don't know if you'll be able to do a cycle that quickly. It usually takes the FS a few days to work out the doses etc that you'll need, and some of the tests take a while to deliver results. But I'll cross my fingers for you. Which tests have you already had?

Bao, I hope your FET goes great!

Ladydee, re taking time off work - I have a full-on and stressful job too, although it's mostly sitting down, and I only took off the day of EPU. I was a bit spacey during the final days before EPU though; if you can reduce your responsibilities during that time it would probably help.

AFM I start Buserelin injections tomorrow. Anyone done those in this group? What should I expect? (this is a different protocol than I am used to)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bow Ties Are Cool, for me to get started it took a couple months with waiting for blood test, tubal patentcy test, ivf nurse education and ivf counseling appointment then results, but please don't use my situation as the norm. I must have bad luck with long waits. If most of your tests are done I'm hoping can start soon.

Ladydee, I hear most people only take the day off on epu and some take the day after depending on how you feel. I always feel like a slacker having to take so many days off and not being able to provide plenty of notice. But we do need to think of ourselves and health. Good luck!

Roro I'm sorry i can't help with Buserelin info. All the best for your cycle. And MrsFurBabies I'm not sure how long after af is meant to be due but I hope it's going to come soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Laydee

I had to take some time off. I had ohss so before my egg collection I was balloon sized and couldnt get my work pants on haha. Plus walking was becoming of an issue. I would definitely book some time off next time so I could create babies and relax. But everyone is different.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have previously had the progesterone test on day 21, and it came back at 70. Hubby has had a sperm analysis also and it came back with above average results.
    I have just had a lap/hystereoscopy in nov by my gynae/ivf dr and tests came back clear aside from the blocked tubes.

So that just leaves the FSH, the LH and Oestradiol test for me, and of course scan should they need to again and the blood tests on both of us. UNLESS they want to test again for my progesterone and hubbies swimmers.

OUr appt starts at 8.30, and we will be having the Nurse, then finance, then counselling session. All one after the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bow Ties Are Cool, that's excellent, I can't see why they won't let you start straight away, exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    I have previously had the progesterone test on day 21, and it came back at 70. Hubby has had a sperm analysis also and it came back with above average results.
    I have just had a lap/hystereoscopy in nov by my gynae/ivf dr and tests came back clear aside from the blocked tubes.

So that just leaves the FSH, the LH and Oestradiol test for me, and of course scan should they need to again and the blood tests on both of us. UNLESS they want to test again for my progesterone and hubbies swimmers.

OUr appt starts at 8.30, and we will be having the Nurse, then finance, then counselling session. All one after the other.
    Bow I had GP tests for everything in Mar 2013, We saw FS in April 2013 and he made us do a tracking cycle and all the results plus the consents etc so we started three months later. But with all your appts that morning you sure seem in luck tp begin soon.

Roro Im not help with the Buserelin either, I was on cetrotide and gonal last time and Puregon this time.

Mrsfurbabies I havent had a failed cycles but there are plenty of girls had delayed AF after a failed cycle.

Ladydee
    I only took of EPU and ET, I figured people who get pregnant naturally dont take time off after having sex and seem to do just fine so I should do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Ladydee, Phee and Amandale! This is a really great thread with lots happening!!Ladydee- I wondered when you might be able to start and if I'd bump into you again

Galea- we will be TWW buddies! good luck for Wed.

Ladydee- I managed to snag days off for my EPU which I'm glad I had! Felt a bit average the day of and day after the pick up not terrible but probably not able to do my usual work. My clinic has said I don't need time off for the transfer as it's not done under any sedation.

Bowties- sounds like you've had almost all the tests, depends a bit on the type of cycle too as some need you to start meds a week before you're af is due. Have they discussed protocols with you yet? Good luck for your appt hopefully you can get started straight away!

Roro - is buserelin like synarel (nafarelin) but injectable? I haven't been on buserelin, I was on synarel nasal spray have you been on the spray, its day21 through til the trigger day.

Wish- thanks for the roll calls I really need it with the pace of this thread!! How are you going?

MrsFurbabies -hope af has turned up, It's so frustrating just waiting!

AFM- DO had EPU friday 10th, 15 eggs, got an update saturday to day we had 7 fertilised, 4 immature and 4 that they would wait and see but probably wouldn't go anywhere. I get another update today, but at this stage looks like ET is scheduled for Wednesday (my birthday!!) just doing 1x 5d embie. Feeling excited, just trying not to get my hopes too high! Final BT will be 28th Jan due to the public holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Gosh this thread moves so fast! It is nice to see so many of you moving along with the process. I am still busy jabbing Lucrin and being knocked around with side effects. I slept til 3pm on Saturday. I see the FS Wednesday to get my FSH then the real fun can start! Luck to all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all once again thank you so much for all the advice !!

I was also wondering if by chance the clinic can't book you in and need to put you on the pill does that extend the medicine aswel ? And how does that work do they do the transfer as soon as they are ready ?

Thanks for your help