Closed Thread
Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay thank you I hope that status soon changes to successful for us all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question for everyone who's following a specific diet or cleanse for Ivf ? And also what vitimans is everyone taking including dh, boyfriend or df ??

I'm so curious about what I should be doing and preparation helps me cope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi amandale!
    I didn't go on a diet or cleanse when I started, just ate healthy and tried not to put on weight!
    I'm on Elevit with Iodine and DH just takes Centrum.

Good luck! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi amandale

Hubby is on menevit (when he takes it ) and I take the blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold. We were advised to have me take folate but that hubbys sperm count wouldnt increase so hes only taking his to keep me company.

Just going to the gym for yoga and pilates... no special diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To start
    @Rarah11 - how are you feeling? Have you done another HPT? Thinking of you, I know the feeling all too well and well it SUCKS (and that isn't the word I would like to use!!)
    @Ladydee - welcome, I am so sorry to hear of what you went through . . .so not fair but sending you best wishes for your appointment
    @Bow Ties Are Cool - count down, it is such a good feeling knowing it is so close feels like you are doing something not just floating about in limbo land!! Good Luck
    @Galea - YAY for trigger, all the very best for Wednesday . . . bring on that BFP and I hope the dreaded TWW is kind to you
    @Wishnhope - finally for you after such a long wait it is time, I hope you dont need to buy more meds next month but morning sickness pills!! xxx
    @Amandale1727 - Welcome, and all the very best for your first cycle . . . what protocol are you doing if you know as yet? In regards to diet etc, I started seeing a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner a few months before I started for acupuncture (highly recommend this as I am sure others would agree!!) and herbs, I have Auto Immune issues from when I was 18 and got really sick so he recommended because of this I live on a gluten and dairy free diet, I did both for nearly a year but have introduced dairy back in but very limited (greek yoghurt and that is about it!!) I will now stay on the gluten free as I feel so much better for it, the last few weeks I have let it go and had it after my BFN but am suffering physically and even more emotionally from it, wouldnt think it would have such an effect!! anyhow . . . off the garden path, sorry!! I love my chocolate etc, so have stopped the sugar binges and doing more of a raw diet for my sweet tooth and love it, the less processed foods the better.

For supplements, my DH is on menevit, CoQ10 and fish oil every day. For me, elevit, CoQ10 and Fish Oil.

With the diet etc, dont let any of it rule your life - having a block of chocolate every now and then isnt going to help and stop you from getting your longed for healthy and sticky BFP!! I let this IVF totally rule my life for quite some time, it didnt get me anywhere so now I live healthy (better than I was prior to this!!) and balanced life not one where I felt like anything and everything I did was affecting me finally becoming a Mum!! Sending you the very best of luck xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

karissa02  (10-01-2014),Ladydee  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies xx Great question Amandale.....as well as diet, I also wanted to ask the ladies who are doing acupuncture...how often do you go? Weekly?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

rose2207  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Thanks for the welcome ladies xx Great question Amandale.....as well as diet, I also wanted to ask the ladies who are doing acupuncture...how often do you go? Weekly?
    I go fortnightly as well as after transfer and have done since we started, it got us our first BFP, helped remove my fluid build up from OHSS and regulated my cycles after my MMC. Im hoping it'll help with our next round too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go fortnightly normally, weekly when I am cycling - when I have a transfer I go the day of and within 24 hours after :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all the answers every one of them is helpful and I will keep that all in mind I have been trying to loose weight regardless but I was really curious to see about who's focusing on that for increased Ivf success.

Df is taking menevit and I am on blackmores pre conception which comes with a fish oil aswel we will also be taking vitiman c daily as I heard that can help alot
    With the acupuncture and herbal medicine I have heard really good things and I plan to give it a go if I have to do Ivf more than once which I probably will but atleast then it will give me abit more hope as its something I will not have tried yet just trying to save some hope for the subsequent cycles

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF here so ready to start this get cycle!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app