Closed Thread
Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about the BFN Sara 😔 2013 bites!! Thoughts are with you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sara I'm so sorry to hear about all your dramas. Try and enjoy the chrissy break hun (Have a very large drink!). 2013 was pretty sucky, thankfully there's only a few days left. Big Hugz xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    @KVP sorry hun and stay strong xx
    @stillfuntryin when is your transfer hun?
    hi stillfuntryin - here's a US site that i found useful:

http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastocystimages.htm

Are yours day 5 blasts? congrats by the way!

CAPPY - well done! i hope you have a very healthy and safe pregnancy! congratulations!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

cappy  (24-12-2013),stillfuntryin  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update from me:

trying to catch up on everyone's news…there's so much going on!!!

We saw our original FS today - and remembered why we pay her the big bucks! She's absolutely fantastic! She's probably the only one in my clinic who seems to care and genuine in understanding what you're going through. I asked her once, perhaps over 5 years ago, if she had children of her own. She said no, she couldn't……and yet she's in this profession helping others, including me, achieve our baby dreams. How beautiful is that? She made us both feel like we weren't just numbers to her - she looked into our file for over 15mins before coming to get us into her office (we haven't seen her in over 3 years….the last 3 IVF cycles were with other FS)…and she talked about my previous cycles, my D&C, the results from the biopsy (found infection in uterine lining, course of strong antibiotics in Nov), the 3 ectopics…..EVERYTHING! I was amazed….i felt that she cared and wasn't just trying to get me in and out the door.

She prescribed more antibiotics to make sure she "killed everything" so that the uterine lining would be ready for the embryo! She says its fine now, but she just wanted to make sure.

Then we talked about our treatment plan….and i starting discussing with her why one of the directors of the clinic (operating from a different location) is insisting on only 1 embryo transfer now? She asked had we always done one? And i said no, HER and I have always done two…i then pointed to my kids and said…and i've only ever had one implant each time. She then asked if we wanted twins, or the possibility of it, and we both said yes. So she agreed to 2!

We have a hatching 5AA blastocyst and a 5AB blastocyst on ice….and I'm soooo excited now.

SO the plan is- progesterone, clexane and transfer under ultrasound….natural FET. Bring on January!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick note
    After trying for 4 years and fearing IVF like you wouldn't believe it took so much strength to admit that we need help and ivf may be our only option, I am a nurse and really started to resent ppl that would come in getting pregnancy tests and mostly came back positive, I started to resent the world and everyone who had a kid thinking how the hell can you have a child I started judging who did and didn't deserve to have children always asking why I have to struggle when I no how loving and caring my partner myself and family are.
    I began to become an angry person which I have never been before I'm normally happy relaxed and always caring to other ppls needs.
    After joining this site and interacting with all the wonderful ladies on her it's strange but a weight has been lifted it's like I'm back to my old self, I don't feel so alone, I don't judge others who have children and I don't curse the universe.
    Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone just for being you, for being so strong and so supportive of one another you are all amazingly strong women , I hope 2014 brings all of you luck and what you deserve

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    5rounds of clomid with BFN
    Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

cappy  (24-12-2013),freakedout44  (21-12-2013),karissa02  (20-12-2013)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally agree that 2013 needs to be done! Worst year ever

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all 😊

Been reading along while taking the back seat waiting to begin my cycle and just wanted to say sorry for those who have recently got BFN's it truly does suck! And agree with most if you that 2013 was a pretty bad year and not long now until we start a fresh new year 2014! Bring it on!!!

I had my day 21 appointment today (even though I'm only on day 16 as my day 21 falls on Xmas day!) and picked up all of my drugs for this cycle I was told to have my blood test on Tuesday (Xmas Eve) and will probably get to start sniffing either that night or on Xmas day!

I will be stimming with 200IU of puregon starting day 3 and when ready, trigger with ovidrel and for prog support I will be doing crinone. I did this for my very 1st ivf cycle and got 10 eggs, 4 fertilised, had 1 transferred day 5 who is now my DD and the other 3 frozen on day 6 which were all BFN. Let's hope I get some good numbers this time and we will be transferring 2 embryos on transfer day this time.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all have a merry Xmas and a safe New Years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    Just a quick note
    After trying for 4 years and fearing IVF like you wouldn't believe it took so much strength to admit that we need help and ivf may be our only option, I am a nurse and really started to resent ppl that would come in getting pregnancy tests and mostly came back positive, I started to resent the world and everyone who had a kid thinking how the hell can you have a child I started judging who did and didn't deserve to have children always asking why I have to struggle when I no how loving and caring my partner myself and family are.
    I began to become an angry person which I have never been before I'm normally happy relaxed and always caring to other ppls needs.
    After joining this site and interacting with all the wonderful ladies on her it's strange but a weight has been lifted it's like I'm back to my old self, I don't feel so alone, I don't judge others who have children and I don't curse the universe.
    Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone just for being you, for being so strong and so supportive of one another you are all amazingly strong women , I hope 2014 brings all of you luck and what you deserve

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    5rounds of clomid with BFN
    Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS
    Exactly how i felt and feel now. So anfry at the world and at how it just wasnt (still isnt) happening to us. But after being on here I feel the same as you...a weight has lifted off our shoulders. Thank you girls. Bring on 2014 and those BFP's!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to karissa02 For This Useful Post:

miissalina  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalina I'm so glad this forum has helped you over come those feelings. I hope one day it helps me do the same. Unfortunatley I am still in that place where I question why drug addicts and generally bad people, or even just my friend who struggles to look after herself, let alone a child, get to have kids and I don't. I'm trying to shift my views and thoughts, and have often said to my husband that it envy is a b**ch and I want her out of my life.
    Reading this in 2014 I'm certainly going to try harder to stop judging everyone with kids. I always wonder what I'm suppose to learn form this journey. It's already taught me patience, that I am stronger than I thought, how truly lucky I am to have the things I do (mostly my beautiful dH), maybe this is another lesson I need to learn before I can become a mum. Thank you for sharing - your words have inspired me and would also be great for someone else not going through ivf to read so they understand one of the many mental impacts it has on a person. Sorry for the super long post!!! All the best people for not only getting that BFP but over coming your demons along the way.
    Last edited by freakedout44; 21-12-2013 at 07:34.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (21-12-2013),cappy  (24-12-2013),karissa02  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishnhope - I will be doing another stim cycle start of jan, :-) would love to be added to the rollcall!

FS has increases puregon from 225 to 275, so hopefully will get a higher follicle count! Just going to do straight IVF, as last time we did a split ICSI/IVF and had zero fertilisation with the ICSI batch. AF due 7th January, fingers crossed!

good luck to everyone else, and merry christmas (I will be having a few drinks to say good riddance to the year) take it easy on yourselves girls, this is such a hard road we are on.
    Last edited by MrsFurBabies; 21-12-2013 at 13:23. Reason: spelling