Closed Thread
Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question for any ladies that may have thyroid issues (hypothyroidism/graves) what have you been informed about the effects this has on fertility and maintaining a pregnancy? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    LParis - boo... I must have read incorrectly that we transferred together sorry to hear about your last cycle. Yay for booked holidays and being able to drink wine over Chrissie though! We had a week off on the Sunshine Coast after the last mc and my lap - it was exactly what was needed for both of us!

KVP - MC are such a horrible thing.. You get so excited by the BFP only for it to end miserably. Sending you and hubby hugs - I know exactly how you guys feel.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsFurBabies View Post
    Just a question for any ladies that may have thyroid issues (hypothyroidism/graves) what have you been informed about the effects this has on fertility and maintaining a pregnancy? TIA
    I'm hypo and all I know is they like your TSH to be somewhere between 1-4. When I first started ivf my TSH was just over 4 so they put me on thyroxine and my TSH went down to 1 I had my ET and got my BFP and my TSH shot up to 10 so I had to go on a higher dose during my pregnancy, after bubs was born they had to drop my dosage again.
    I don't know why it's important but I know they monitor your TSH closely after ET and if it's a BPF they check it regularly during your pregnancy,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

MrsFurBabies  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. Just wondering if you could give me some advise. I've got to let the FS know on Monday what I want to do to either let it pass naturally (could be weeks) or have it done through the surgery. Can the surgery cause problems when we try our next transfer? I want it out of me asap because it's just making me so sad but I don't know what the best option is. Mentally I don't know what way id cope with best. Any advise from those who have been through it???

Thanks
    Reviews
    KVP - both of my miscarriages were complete so I didn't have to make that choice. I know there is a slight risk with a D&C but it is minor... And I had a D&C with my lap/hysteroscopy after my second mc, and it was fine. If you're not in a rush (yeah right), you might as we'll wait it out, but I'd see if anyone else has better advice!

PS I only got to 6 weeks both times so maybe that's why I had a complete mc!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kvp, I'm afraid no one can really give you any advice, there no right or wrong and it's a completely personal decision. What's right for someone else may not be right for you. Everyone is different. But I would suggest if you are feeling sad just waiting then maybe the d&c will bring you some closure?

As for us, well, we knew straight away that surgery was the only option for us. We were also given the choice but I wanted it dealt with as soon as possible so we went in that day. I don't think I could have handled the waiting and I think that would have made very sad too. I have no regrets and am feeling really positive that we made that choice and hopefully my cycle will return to normal soon and we can keep trying.

Good luck in your decision making process. Thinking of you. Hope the next couple of days aren't too rough.....x

Thanks
    Reviews
    KVP Again I am so sorry you have to go through this.
    Like 90bayside said its a personal choice.
    Ours was to do a D&C, at 12 weeks the size of our little sprog was just to me to think about "passing naturally" and not knowing how long it would be waiting (three weeks had already passed with no indication of anything happening) not to mention the fact I just needed it to be over.
    There is a risk with a D&C but there is also risk with not everything passing and getting an infection and possibly needing one anyway.
    The main upside of a D&C is the products of conception can be sent off for testing. This can give not only closure but can indicate if there are any issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KVP sorry to hear about your loss hun, big hugs, this whole IVF process is very tough emotionally and physically, but it's great to get support from fellow IVFers on bub hub. I hope this new year brings you new blessings. Thinking of you hun

@LParis sorry to hear hun & I replied to you on the other thread

@90Bayside it sure is the perfect weather for wine hun, enjoy and hope everything goes well with you FS Appt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone 😊👋

I have been reading along but haven't had chance to reply as I only do it on my phone!!

Welcome to the new comers & sorry you are here, may u receive swollen feet & sleepless nights in the new year from a healthy pregnancy!! 😊

How is everyone going??

Thanks so much for the roll call/s Wish - you are a super star 🌟

Thanks
    Reviews
    And sorry for lack of personals, I will keep up to date from here on in!!