Closed Thread
Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies, do you mind if I join in? I was on sep, oct and dec thread lol. Had a stim cycle. 6 eggs but only 2 embryos in the end. One was transferred in sep. bfn. Took a month off as was advised by the nurse (turn out FS said didn't need to take a month off). Anyway, had a FET last cycle. My body was cooperating. O on cd 16 which meant 30 days cycle (perfect for me). But unfortunately on the ET day, FS rang to say the little embies didn't survive the thawing process. Devastated! Upset! Angry! Unfair! But I'm ok now. We are now looking forward to the new year. Will start stim late jan after taking a month off (holiday this time). So I might join this thread if that's ok. I already see some familiar names. Sorry to see you here too. I'll read from the beginning and post more later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome MiniB, we've shared a few threads and Im so sorry to hear of your little embie not making it. Good luck for the new year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib so sorry about your embie, very upsetting news hope you have a refreshing holiday!
    This cycle will be another stim, only 3/9 fertilised in my last cycle and they didn't make it to blast to freeze. I rang the clinic and managed to get an appt next friday (20/12) for a review and to pick up meds, CD28 is 07/01, really hoping for a positive start to the new year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread is growing by the day! Great that we are all giving it another go but still sucks that we have to be here.

Thanks for the kind notes too re/ our mmc.

Have an appt with the FS on Thursday to review and plan where to from here. Thought I might feel a bit funny about it but kind of looking forward to it now.

This week has been terribly difficult, going back to work was very trying (bawled my eyes out on Monday anytime anyone even looked at me, felt like such a goose!). Knew it would be a sh$tty day and left at 10.30am! Tuesday was much better and today better again. Also got through telling the few people we had shared our news with that we are back to square one. That was a bit of a tricky conversation too and took a lot to keep it together! Thank goodness not too many people knew. Should we be lucky enough to get another Bfp sometime in the future, we won't tell anyone at all until we absolutely have to (preferably around the 20 wk mark or something equally safe!)

I've also decided to ban myself from google! The more I read the more paranoid I get and It's not good for my mental health!! Have to take forced leave for three weeks over christmas so I can see my dog will get lots of walks (that's my strategy for stopping myself googling over christmas!)....

Sorry to see some familiar names coming through on this thread too......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    This week has been terribly difficult, going back to work was very trying (bawled my eyes out on Monday anytime anyone even looked at me, felt like such a goose!). Knew it would be a sh$tty day and left at 10.30am! Tuesday was much better and today better again. Also got through telling the few people we had shared our news with that we are back to square one. That was a bit of a tricky conversation too and took a lot to keep it together! Thank goodness not too many people knew. Should we be lucky enough to get another Bfp sometime in the future, we won't tell anyone at all until we absolutely have to (preferably around the 20 wk mark or something equally safe!)
    The first few days back were truly awful, everyone going on with their lives while ours was failing apart. So hard
    Totally agree about keeping it hush hush next time, we hadnt told many but its was god awful telling the handful that did know that it was no longer. It gets easier Bayside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Ladies, do you mind if I join in? I was on sep, oct and dec thread lol. Had a stim cycle. 6 eggs but only 2 embryos in the end. One was transferred in sep. bfn. Took a month off as was advised by the nurse (turn out FS said didn't need to take a month off). Anyway, had a FET last cycle. My body was cooperating. O on cd 16 which meant 30 days cycle (perfect for me). But unfortunately on the ET day, FS rang to say the little embies didn't survive the thawing process. Devastated! Upset! Angry! Unfair! But I'm ok now. We are now looking forward to the new year. Will start stim late jan after taking a month off (holiday this time). So I might join this thread if that's ok. I already see some familiar names. Sorry to see you here too. I'll read from the beginning and post more later
    Hi Minib, I too remember you from the other threads sorry you have to be here too :-( the same thing happened to me in my last cycle was going good and got to transfer day only to get a phone call to say sorry the embryo didn't survive so I know exactly how you feel.

I think 2014 will be our lucky year!

AFM had my appointment with FS and we are all good to go for our next cycle. Just waiting for my day 21 appointment with the nurse to pick up my meds etc which will be next Friday as my day 21 will fall on Christmas Day. Looking to start down regulating after christmas with AF looking to show up just after New Years if all goes to plan! Can't wait bring on the new year!

Good luck to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bayside so sorry for your loss. It's the most horrible thing and going back to work is very hard especially if people there know.
    We lost twins at 18 weeks and everyone knew I was pregnant. It was awful going back but it does definitely get easier. I still get upset about that miscarriage and I've had three others since then the last one getting to 10 weeks.
    I really do feel for you.
    All we can do is get back on the horse and keep trying but make sure you give yourself some time to grieve and process as it is a terrible thing that has happened.
    I did consider giving up after the last one but I think you've got to be in it to win it so here we are again.

I really wish you the best of luck and here's hoping 2014 is better all round x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just found this thread…just had a Dec 2013 ICSI cycle that cancelled at ET due to OHSS. I was and still am, devastated…and very confused.

IVFA did a "freeze all" on my embryos, i have 1x hatching Day5 blastocyst and 1 other excellent quality blastocyst on ice (frozen on 9th Dec). Now I'm sitting around waiting for my periods to come and go and for my next one to come along. Apparently they need me to have a month off as my E2 levels were over 26000 so they need my body to calm down.

This has never happened to me before! I had 27 follicles, only 9 was retrieved and of those only 4 were mature. 3 were fertilised - and i have OHSS?!?!?! so lost at the moment?

Then what made it worse was that i was told to pay the FULL ICSI fee of $8885 (thanks very much) even though I didn't do the embryo transfer?

I was incredibly upset at the nurses who didn't pick up that my E2 levels to the number of follicles at my first u/s was at high risk of OHSS. If they had picked it up, my dosage could have been lowered or stopped, because 2 days later, my E2 levels were out of control.

It makes it so much easier to have others cycling at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind if I join you all, i will be reading back to catch up.

AFM: seen my FS today, and I will be having my 1 lucky 9-cell FET in January/February. I could have done it end dec/ early jan. But I wanted to give my body a rest after my 1st BFN last week and to enjoy the Xmas/new year celebrations and also lose a few kilos. Also my FS said my cycle would be HRT? to do with my lining or something?. I hope the new year brings us all new blessings and luck ladies

from babygirl7

Me - 27: Pelvic inflammatory disease DH - 42: Perfect sperm
    Together for 11 years - TTC for 8 years - Engaged

1st IVF Cycle: Nov/Dec 2013 - 13 follies, 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 Lucky 8-cell compacting morula transferred = BFN

2nd IVF Cycle: Jan/Feb 2014 - 1 Lucky 9-cell snow baby FET

🌈 loads of baby dust to everyone

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by babygirl7; 11-12-2013 at 23:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back minib. Wish you didn't have to join us. It's so awful how many familiar faces are here... But also amazing to see how many strong willed and determined ladies are around. I've said it before but I really do hope next year is it for all of us.