+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I like others hated it at first... It was a massive struggle for me incl split nipples, vasospasms and 2 hr long feeds... Then at about 3 months it suddenly got better! There was no more pain... I learnt how to latch him properly while lying down and he went from loooong feeds to maybe 10 mins each side.... He weaned at 18 months and nearly two months later I miss it and find myself finding excuses to give him one last feed (I haven't given in yet though)

I personally loved the special snuggles and secretly loved that no one could comfort him like I could!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, I didn't love breastfeeding, but have breastfed for over 4 years (3 children). I did it because it was easy, convenient and I believed it was important.
    Yes, there were challenging times when I felt like throwing in the towel, and there were definitely sacrifices but having weaned my youngest in May, there are times I miss feeding my baby. That could be that I know I'll never be feeding another bub again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

swings and roundabouts  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was never set on BFing or on how long I would do it for but I LOVED it.

Not to say that that there weren't issues along the way the first 4 weeks of BFing DS1 I had cracked nipples and there was a case of mastitis at about 8 months but we had 18 months of wonderful BF bonding.

DS2 was 3 months of cracked or sore nipple (attachment issues) but I was sooooo glad I made it through it and we had 22 months of wonderful BF bonding.

For me BF is something I'm so glad I did, I have wonderful memories of by babies looking up at me while they contently feed, early morning cuddles in bed while feeding, big booby smiles when they got bigger and so many more. I am really looking for ward to doing it again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IMO yes, yes and yes to your questions

We had a challenging week recently that had bubby refusing the breast which was really distressing for both of us. We seemed to have climbed that hill now and the contrast made me realize how much I do love it!! And the week that sucked gave me a better insight into how someone could really dislike it because when he was pulling on and off, arching his back, clawing at me and screeching I was hot, frustrated and in tears and I had started to get anxious when I knew a feed was coming.

We rode it out though and he's back to being a content little darling and I love love feeding him again
    Last edited by Mathermy; 20-10-2013 at 22:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS- no not once he started refusing the breast at 10 weeks. And it was painful before that. Would have loved to have continued but he had other ideas!

DD- so far, made it to 9.5 weeks exclusively BF, only one bottle of EBM when I went out with my friend. I love it when she's feeding well, and when she looks up and smiles at me. I hate it when she's being fussy and coming on and off the breast, tugging at my nipple. No idea why she does it, but it hurts and those are the bad days when I want to bottle feed her! However, so far have ridden it out as its so convenient, and comforting for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    I chose to BF my DD (now 2weeks old) knowing it was the best thing for her health.
    I know it's only early days still but I'm finding particularly on days that she fusses and wants to feed seemingly non stop. I don't enjoy feeding her.

I find it difficult to be confined to bed or the couch for 30min at a time..sometimes more. I can walk and feed but it takes its toll on my arms and back if I do it too much. I also feel bad for ds - I don't want him to feel left out and that I don't have time for him since I'm always holding the baby.

I hear and read alot about how much other mums seem to love feeding and having those special moments with their LOs. I just don't feel that way ATM. I feel a bit like a cow. Especially on days she feeds non stop I'm just sore and tired and can't relax even when she is sleeping thinking she will wake at any second and then I have to do it all over again.

Is this just normal newborn challenges? Did you find it a struggle at first but things got better?
    Is it normal to not love feeding but still do it for the good of your baby?
    What your feeling is absolutely normal.. I am very pro-breast feeding so for me giving up was not an option unless medically necessary. But far out... I was ready to send dp to get some formula on many occasions.. I ended up buying a breast pump & having milk in the freezer so that dp could feed when it was getting too much. It's exhausting & it's hard work... But it does pass & it does get better. I used to hate spending my whole day feeding & I used to hate the thought of leaving the house in case ds needed to be fed (this was before I was confident bfing in public)... But I'm so glad I stuck with it... I absolutely love it now that he's passed that feed all day/night stage.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Didnt have any problems but at times resent it when im so drained and tired and just want to rest or eat but cant cos bubba needs feeding...constantly! I notice as she gets older (3months now) i enjoy it more as she interacts with me and sometime laughs and smiles mid feed...its oh so cute ! i can tell she loves me more now

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (21-10-2013),michellek  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did/ do Still doing it actually. The first 2 weeks can be hard especially if you run into attachment problems but a good lactation consultant will sort it in no time. The nurses will tell you it shouldn't hurt if you're doing it right, but i disagree. I have always had some discomfort in the first 2 weeks, but i persisted and it was a breeze after that The only bother I had with it was if my baby struggled in the beginning then I had a lot of anxiety because I so want to breastfeed. It has always made my life so very much easier. Yes you spend a lot of time doing it but I'm ok with that since my breastfeed babies slept a million times better than my bottle fed children and cried a lot less as well. I'm not sterilizing bottles or synchronizing my watch for feeds. That can be draining when your baby won't sleep ect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    No I dont love it at least not all of the time, but I am persisting with it and have small 2 week at a time goals. At nearly 5 weeks I still have attachment issues no matter how many times I go to the breast feeding centre at the hospital, I seem to get latching right there but then struggle afterwards, my nipples are wrecked and so tender that I cant stand anything touching them ad it irritates more, I have loe supply and taking motilium and blessed thistle to help, it takes an hourish for ds to feed, and we sometimes have to formula top up just so we know that ds is getting enough. But even saying all that I am stubborn and wont give up. My first goal is to make 6 weeks.

Saying all that I am sitting here right now feeding, ds is more cuddly during night time feeds which I love

Goodluck op, I am fairly sure what you are feeling is normal.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Me&Smooches; 21-10-2013 at 04:57.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I enjoyed it at the beginning with ds. It all worked out beautifully. Dd understood mum needs to feed baby and was very good at doing things/amusing herself for a 18mth old!
    Then I got over it. It didn't get easier for us. I kept it up for 6mths for the sake of my baby. I couldn't bf in public. Ds still fed 1-2 hrs taking 30/45mins at a time still!! Waking 4-5 times overnight. I was just so tired of it all.
    Loved ff him. So much easier for us. Started sleeping through and fed 4 hourly. Bliss!
    Last edited by Beefie; 21-10-2013 at 06:00.