+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have fed for over 10 years and I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I hate the first 1 to 2 months, they are so hard. Then I love it again.

Most days i love our special cuddles other days I wish I could cut them off and let dh feed him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love it when dd has latched properly and we have those 10 or so blissful minutes where she just stares at me and I want to cry because I love her so much. BUT, I hate everything else. I hate the pain, I hate that I need a LC, I hate that I spend most of my day expressing, I hate that I can't go out for more than 1 hour in fear she might need a feed.

I'm just waiting for that moment where it all clicks and I love it as much as I did with DD1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely hated the first 3 weeks, and from there to the 6 week mark, I tolerated it. But it was like a switch went on for us at 6 weeks and it got so much easier. Having said that, I don't think I ever felt like I LOVED it. I didn't mind it - it was certainly the "easiest" way to get bubba fed. I started mix feeding at 6 months, and bubba was 8 months when he had his last breast feed.

As much as I said I didn't love it, I still cried when he fully weaned at 8 months. I wasn't expecting it to end so abruptly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It might be newborn struggle, might be worth giving you a target of time and reassess then (ie I'll keep BF for another week and see how it has evolved and take it from there).

Personally I was not very keen on the whole BF concept, even a little uneasy at the idea.
    But as with everything else, I thought I'd give it a go and move to FF if for any reason I didn't like it or it didn't work.

Well turns out I LOVE it. I'm going back to work FT and plan on keeping up with BF which I had never ever planed even in my worse dream (nightmares?!) lol
    But it is going so well and I truly love BF bub so no reason stopping yet.

I don't think I would have kept BF for the baby benefits only.

Good luck with your decision, I think the most important thing is for you to be happy and comfortable in your choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love breast feeding. But I have had my moments...

I think you've just hit the wall so to speak. I found that at 2 weeks of age with both mine, I hit a wall, and I really really struggled, felt like i just couldn't feed them again. I pushed through and came through the other side. Try and push through, it only lasts a day or two for me and I can happily continue feeding.

I felt the same way at 2, 4, 6 weeks and 2, 4 and 8 months. I'd call my dh at work in tears and say I just can't feed this baby anymore! But I always made it through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found breastfeeding extremely easy. I have loved it for lots of reasons; free, easy, convenient etc. I love breastfeeding a little baby.
    I am breastfeeding my toddler currently and do not love it at all, I am over it, she is rough and demanding. But the early months, after you get over the initial both of you learning the ropes part...yes love that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 6mths I loves bf! It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad I managed to hang in there through the 6mth trial by mastitis.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, never - and I BF both kids for over a year each. It was convenient, and after the initial pain and suffering it was very easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could just answer yes, but now, 2yrs after we have stopped, I'm not so sure?

I love that I did it. I love the benefits, I loved the closeness andit being our thing that only I could do.

However now, in hindsight, what a mess! It was so important to me that he was exclusively breast fed I went into inner termoil that we had to comp feed. I don't like that we struggled.

I hate that we never achieved my goal of exclusive bfing. I look back at how much time I spent...bfing, emb top up, formula top up, expressed, wash bottles and pump... Every 3hrs! I regret that those days feel like a blurr because I was so tired....but I wouldnt change it for a thing at the same time.

I'm conflicted. I guess I loved the feeding, but hate that we struggled so so much with it. that being said, when (IF) we ever concieve again, I'm going yo give it my all again. I just hopefully won't be so hard on myself if we face similar problems.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely love BFing!!! I must admit that the early days were a bit harder but I've never not liked it. I love the bond that my son and I have, and the quiet snuggle time that we get when BFing.