+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Nope, but it's easy for me.

ETA- my baby is 10 months and I'm weaning at 12 months. I'm sick of bf. I want my body back. And she only feeds for about 2 minutes, except first feed of morning.

I haven't discussed this with her yet and don't know what she thinks about it
    This exactly. I've never 'loved' breast feeding but I've always found it easy, quick and convenient most of the time. DS weaned at 12 months and I will wean DD at the same age (I don't know yet if she will be happy with this idea!).
    It gets much easier after 6 months or so when they start eating more solids and can go much longer between feeds if need be. By that age, if I wanted to go out for lunch with some girlfriends and was going to be out when they were due a feed, they could wait an extra hour or two and be tided over by some solids mixed with ebf, or a bottle if they will take one (neither of mine did!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But in your case... And to put a bit of a positive spin on my otherwise extremely negative response...
    It gets easier. They get more efficient feeders. It's actually a lot more convenient when your going out as you don't have to remember to pack bottles, formula etc... All you need is yourself. When they pass out in a milk induced coma it's really satisfying and gorgeous.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-10-2013),mrswhitehouse  (21-10-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't enjoy it at all -- the first three months were REALLY HARD. & I never found it a "bonding" experience for us that so many find. But I was determined to BF, so I pushed through.

It got easier over time, & I then enjoyed the convenience of breast feeding -- but the act of feeding itself I didn't ever really enjoy. I was secretly glad when my DS self weaned at 17 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved bf. I personally felt it such a special time I was just so grateful I had no problems right up until when dd weaned herself at almost 19mths due to another pregnancy.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a thought provoking question for me. I fed DD until 16mths and am currently feeding DS at 11mths. Overall, yes I love breastfeeding.....but there have been many times I haven't enjoyed it. Especially with DS - even now at 11mths we have breastfeeding issues (I am prone to cracked, painful nipples this time around). But when I think about the overall time I have spent breastfeeding, I have loved it despite the challenges.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Some days I love it, some days I loathe it but it's important to me, so we continue. I will have to wean DS2 soon for health reasons and that will be bittersweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love bf but struggled with it in the first 3 months. Among my supply probs and bad latch for the first few weeks, she fed an hour at a time.
    After that, it got so much better. I dot have any plans to wean. DD is 13 months. That said, it's not all sunshine and roses. Sometimes I feel touched out, sometimes I want to take cold and flu tabs, sometimes I want to wear a non boob accessible outfit. But generally, I still love bf- the bond, the nutrition, the convenience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I am exactly the same as @BigRedV breastfeeding is extremely easy for me, but by 12 months I want me body back. I do love it when they're little but once they're on solids I have been known to inwardly dry retch when they want a feed and they've got a mouth full of mush

With DS I mixed fed in the evenings as my milk supply was erratic and tbh I didn't find bottles much easier at all. Still same amount of time to feed (but I guess someone else could do it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love it and love the excuse to be lazy and snuggle in bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't really always like breastfeeding DD, it felt like a chore (awful to say I know). Some days I didn't mind it, others I felt like I didn't want to do it.
    I stuck with it though because i wasn't having physical issues with it.

My second Bub I'm loving breastfeeding! Not sure what it is that's different this time. Maybe I'm just more experienced or am trying to enjoy everything because I now know how quick the baby stage is.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby