+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The good the bad and the ugly

We've just had our first beautiful bub and were totally in love. We are considering having another 2 or 3.
    Hoping you can be honest the reality of having a large family.
    Do your kids share bedrooms, do you go on holiday? Is it really more expensive day to day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on the person. I have 3 with number 4 on the way and I love it. Its a busy life organizing everyone (I have 2 at school) but I love my life. I'm very organised and the kids have little jobs they do (mostly picking up after themselves but also drying dishes and clearing the table after dinner).

I don't find it too expensive but I'm strict with my budget. The kids all do swimming and extra things as they are interested. We have a holiday each year, I just find good deals and cheaper accommodation.

Our house is 3 bedroom so they have to share rooms but they love it.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by BubinDec; 20-10-2013 at 19:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 4 plus 1 on the way. We live very comfortably but mostly due to my hubby.
    He worked his a$$ off for us to be in the position we are now of no debt.
    We don't do holidays more just day outings. Don't buy the kids every new thing. Really just spoil them for bday/Xmas/Easter.
    We only rent but have beautiful things/furniture/car. My kids mostly wear brand name clothes that I get 2nd hand or heavily discounted.
    We have phi as to us it's an essential just like electricity.

I think we live more comfortably than a lot of people. I think being able to afford a larger family comes down to priorities. My idea of necessities is different than our friends who have 2 kids if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have 4, they share bedrooms, but they want to, they get scared by themselves anyway.

We go on holiday, but we haven't yet braved an overseas trip, we are planning that for a few years away.

We have bought our first house this year.

I'm not going to lie, it is only just starting to get easier now, the first 2 years of my last child's life were really tough, I had 3 under 2 when he was born and it was full on. Just getting places, I didn't have enough hands, throw in twin toddler tantrums and it was crazy.

But yeah, I wouldn't change it for the world, we are starting to get out and about more often and going away more, exploring places etc.

It is expensive, I was thinking about it the other day, when you have one, you can just buy them a little treat when you are at the zoo or whatever, when you have 4 you either buy them all something and break the bank or buy no one anything. But it is workable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have 6 kids ranging from 17 mths to 19 years. My eldest moved for uni before my 6th was born. So I only have 5 at home. We are on a single low income but we have a great lifestyle.

At the moment we are living in our shed while we build. We should be in by Christmas. Everyone will have their own room. Most of the kids clothes are new with a few handed down or secondhand things. They have always gone to a private school and I don't see that ever changing. We love our school. I find the more children you have the easier it is to make things stretch. It just becomes second nature.
    Holidays - we had a few over the years and few weekends away. We are doing a big holiday in feb next year. With all 6 kids for 10 days and another 4 with just the 5 kids. It is going to be wonderful.