+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And if it makes you feel any better my mum calls a D & C a "dust and clean".

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bbbump For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (23-10-2013),Busy-Bee  (20-10-2013),CompareTheMeerkat  (24-10-2013),Glover  (20-10-2013),jenjenOo  (25-10-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (25-10-2013),SpecialK  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.fpq.com.au/location.php
    Maybe explain your financial situation... I hope you get a discount or even bulk bill.
    *hugs*

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont know your financial situation, but if you're on centrelink they have that get money upfront and pay it back over 6 mths. My sister paid for a termination that way, would not have afforded it otherwise

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wildside try calling Children By Choice. They can provide counselling to support you and do know re financial assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what a crappy situation for you. Sorry I don't have any advice about where to go, but I'm pretty shocked that it would cost $600 to essentially get a pill?!? No-one will judge you here and anyone who does irl is not worth bothering with. It's such a shame the place you called were not really impartial. Sounds like children by choice would be a good place to start for empathetic help. I realized myself recently that those unplanned pregnancy numbers might not be as great as they seem. I'm 8 weeks and around 6 weeks I was trying to get some counseling for myself and my partner but only way was paying for a psychologist / counselor. In the end we (well mostly me) decided to keep it. Unplanned pregnancies are extremely stressful, emotional, confusing. I'm with my partner and we are financially secure, but we still considered a termination. You should not feel at all bad. It sounds like you are really sure this is the right thing for you - hopefully you will be able to find someone impartial to talk to. Surely there must be some way of getting the medical termination on medicare? It's just wrong that you can't access just because you can't afford it, healthcare is supposed to be free here isn't it?!? Having a baby would cost medicare a LOT more. Best of luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Contact Children by Choice http://www.childrenbychoice.org.au/ I know they are doing some stuff at the moment with advocating for women to be able to access abortion through public hospitals...not sure where they are at with that but worth a shot. Either way they will def be able to direct you to the most cost effective place (I know some clinics to payment plan)...and I also understood that you got some medicare rebate back? Good luck hun, I am sorry you are in this situation. As some people have realised not all the pregnancy counselling services are equal...some have as their charter that they will not facilitate or provide details about abortion...Children by Choice are pro-choice and do a lot of advocacy work around maintaining and improving access to abortion, they will definitely be able to assist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey OP I hope you were able to find someone able to help you and that you are ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to touch base, and thank you all for your replies & support. I tried to get in contact with children by choice as they have a interest free loan scheme but I always get their answer machine and they don't call back. But anyway I went for an ultrasound today just for peace of mind this wasn't in my head! There was a sac but too early to see anything else yet. I'm booked into options clinic tomorrow, it'll cost $490 and I've borrowed the money from family. I'm wasn't able to apply for a centrelink loan as my last one was payed off in September from May this year and you can only apply once a year. I've got a friend bringing me home, all the way from Brisbane to the Gold Coast, he's a champ of a guy and I'm so grateful this is going to all happen now. I did ring the clinic and they said they do the surgical procedure from 4-5 weeks so I was just unlucky the phone line I rang werent honest. Anyway just thought you deserved to know seeing as though you were kind enough to help me. Dust and clean tomorrow
    Last edited by WildSide; 25-10-2013 at 17:35. Reason: Typo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WildSide For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Best wishes for tomorrow Wildside. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hope all goes smoothly for you