+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Provera: How long to work??

Hi ladies. I took my last Provera pill a week ago and I still dont have my period. Is this normal? Its the first time Ive taken it. How long does it usually take to work? Im getting married in a week and a half and was really hoping that Id get my period before then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi starflame, provera is different for everyone. It ups your progesterone and when you stop taking it your progesterone falls and af is brought on. How long did you take it for and when was your last provera tablet taken?

Personally af shows up 3-5 days after I stop provera but it apparently can take 14 days with some people. If it's been more than 14 days I suggest going back to your doc.

Good luck for your wedding x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply! Its been 9 days since I took my last tablet. I took 10mg twice a day for 5 days. I totally thought it would of been here by now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hopefully she's on get way. If not, maybe the dose wasn't high enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea maybe? I have no idea what my body is doing and FF is confused, it thinks I ovulated but I think my temps only went up because I took the provera. It's very frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Yea maybe? I have no idea what my body is doing and FF is confused, it thinks I ovulated but I think my temps only went up because I took the provera. It's very frustrating
    Yeh it's different with everyone. When I was on it AF came on day 4 after I stopped taking it. I'm sure AF will pop up very soon. I'd give your doc a ring just so he's aware what's going on. Good luck & congrats on your wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    http://fertilityfriend.com/home/44243a

I have a chart on there that I took provera with. My temps rose due to the provera too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello mine took over a week to come after I took provera!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies! It came 11 days after my last pill. Yay!! I get to start my first round of clomid this cycle! Fingers crossed!!