+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *Spin off* - xmas pressies - 2nd hand?

How do you feel about gifting your child 2nd hand stuff for xmas?

Ive been offered a kids swing chair (garden swing chair type thing) but it needs re-upholstering. So im going to enlist my friend, who happens to be a seamstress, to help me recover it in her favourite colour and that will be her 'big' present from santa.

How would you feel about doing that? Ive never gifted her 2nd hand (she does have a lot of 2nd hand stuff but xmas pressies etc have always been new) but things are tight this yr and Im hoping to save a lot of $$ doing it this way.

She wont care or even realise so im not worried about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave SD3, my DD's old tutu for Christmas last year, SD knew it was my DD's, every time she came to my house she wanted to wear it.. I couldn't figure out what to give her for Christmas till my DD said we should giver her the tutu... SD's face just lit up brighter then fairy lights when she opened her present! Even though she knew it 'used' to be DD's, she was over the moon at the fact it meant she got to keep it and take it home lol, she still wears it now So, my first experience with a second hand present went well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaDuck For This Useful Post:

galoomp  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I think it's fine and it sounds like a lovely present.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last year we gifted our kids our old ipads wiped and installed with all kids apps and music and movies. We bought them funky new cases.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I do it all the time. Dd1 is getting second hand books, ds is getting second hand motorbike gear. Last year ds got my old iPod and the year before dd1 got my old camera.

I forgot to add that I got my nephew some pre owned games for his psp from eb games, my sister is totally fine with it.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have no problem at all with 2nd hand stuff for Christmas. My kids don't really even understand the difference between new and second hand and they wouldn't really care anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our kids are getting a 2nd hand trampoline from us for Christmas. We had to get some spare parts for it and it needs a good clean with the high-pressure water cleaner, but we saved about $500 by not buying new.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's fine I mean as long as it isn't trashed, you can save a lot of money buying second hand on big things like trampoline & swing sets plus it's good for the environment to recycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My kids have loved second hand toys/presents they've gotten in the past. They didn't know any different and couldn't care less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with pps... I see no problem with it.
    Ds would have got nothing for his 1st bday if we didnt give him 2nd hand. (Though I know at 1 they really have no idea anyway!)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app