+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Annabel karmel has some easy tasty recipes which you can puree, mash, chop etc and it has guides as to which ones can be frozen etc.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    @Tamtam any hints you've got would be greatly appreciated. I am more than happy to combine finger foods and puree. Mostly I'm keen to introduce her to different textures and flavours
    Mrs T... Here are few ideas...
    Stick with your mashed or purees... as you get more confident try some of the following.
    Use carrot sticks, celery, even salami sticks, things that bub can't actually bite. Cut them to a size bub can hold and suck on. Use a variety of dips (either made yourself or bought...) to introduce different flavours. Things like hummus with garlic, or even beetroot dip (messy!)... you can even spread these over the highchair try for bub to squish and taste themself.
    As bub grows try things like milk arrowroot, cruskits, babybabymum crackers... and you can introduce dips/purees on these for different tastes and textures.
    And nearly anything you make for dinner whizz up and freeze. I make salmon fishcakes, zucchini slice (finger foods she can try to eat herself) as well as lamb roast. (I make more roasted veg, and lamb, then after dinner I whizz up the leftovers and freeze, she loves it.)
    Also try lamb chops and steak. Just observe and watch, flavours and textures will be experienced but not real 'eating' in particular.
    I also add tinned tuna flavours to mashed potato etc.
    Other things to try are yogurt with fruits mixed through. I whizz this up to make smoothies that I freeze and then put in the those fresh food feeder things for her to suck on. Good for a teething baby!
    ANyway... good luck! Have fun...get messy! Also you don't really need to worry about the tray for the bumbo if you don't want to, just use a baking tray or chopping board and you can hold it there while bub plays with food.

Sorry if there are typos!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What is BLW? Can someone let me know please? My twins are 4 months old so I'm starting to educate myself about solids for when the times comes. Ta. Great ideas on this thread, thanks!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds started on purees at 6mths then we moved to finger food blw.

I started him on mashed banana with breastmilk for consistency. He absolutely loved it and it was a lovely breakfast for him with a little baby porrige added.
    His fav (still is) is mashed avo with apple puree.
    He loved carrot and parsnip together..actually anything with carrot.
    Hummus (pureed chickpeas) was a lovely creamy texture and added some sweetness. He liked this with pureed corn.
    Cream cheese or ricotta with puree broccoli and cauliflower
    Pureed chicken/pork and apple
    Puree spinach, apple, sweet potato and peas - i used to also add ricotta or cream cheese
    From these initial 'first tastes' i stared briefly pureeing leftovers of whatever meals we ate and froze in ice cube trays for easy use "ready meals" later on. Curries, stir frys, fred rice, risottos, roast vegies, spag bol, quiche, soups.....i found anything with cream or potato in it did not freeze well though.

Have fun, experiment - its whats supposed to happen! u can basically mix anything with everything. the bigger variety for her 'first tastes', the better she will be at accepting new foods or finger foods later on.
    Enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing good ideas tantam and beefie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much tamtam and beefie, great ideas!! I am already having so much fun mixing different flavours I'm going to start with some basic finger food soon too