+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    277
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs t I just bought a stick blender! It's great and I can use it after I finish preparing purées

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

    mrstuilawa  (20-10-2013)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    subbing for ideas

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanks
    3,580
    Thanked
    838
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    I don't want to just give her bland/boring food. I plan to move onto doing blw however we don't have a high chair yet so we're currently feeding her mashed foods.
    Don't want to highjack, but you don't 'move onto BLW'. Sounds like you are doing traditional weaning, starting with spoon feeding mushy foods and then adding in finger foods later on. This is a perfectly fine way to introduce solids, but it's not BLW, and won't lead to BLW.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Ok here are the recipes I mentioned - I have attempted to type this a few times today!

    Roast pumpkin, chickpea & spinach mash
    250g pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cut into 1cm cubes)
    1/3 cup canned chickpeas (drained)
    20g baby spinach leaves chopped
    1/4 cup water

    Preheat oven 220 (200 fan forced). Place pumpkin on greased and lined tray. Bake 20 mins or until golden and tender. Place hot pumpkin in bowl, add spinach and toss until wilted. Blend pumpkin, spinach, chickpeas and water to desired consistency. Suitable to freeze. Makes 1 cup.

    Tomato, lentil and sweet potato purée
    Olive oil spray
    1/4 small red onion finely chopped
    1 teaspoon tomato paste
    250g truss tomatoes (skin removed and chopped)!
    150g sweet potato (peeled and cut into 1cm cubes)
    2 tablespoons red lentils
    Pinch cumin
    1/2 cup water

    Spray saucepan with oil and fry onion. Once onion is tender add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool before blending to desired consistency. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Suitable to freeze

    Let me know how these go if you make any

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked
    704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Don't want to highjack, but you don't 'move onto BLW'. Sounds like you are doing traditional weaning, starting with spoon feeding mushy foods and then adding in finger foods later on. This is a perfectly fine way to introduce solids, but it's not BLW, and won't lead to BLW.
    I simply meant I'd like to do blw but without a high chair I can't. What was the point of your post other than being petty? If you don't have anything decent to contribute in relation to my original post don't bother responding.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

    peanutmonkey  (20-10-2013)

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked
    704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant wait to be a mummy View Post
    Ok here are the recipes I mentioned - I have attempted to type this a few times today!

    Roast pumpkin, chickpea & spinach mash
    250g pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cut into 1cm cubes)
    1/3 cup canned chickpeas (drained)
    20g baby spinach leaves chopped
    1/4 cup water

    Preheat oven 220 (200 fan forced). Place pumpkin on greased and lined tray. Bake 20 mins or until golden and tender. Place hot pumpkin in bowl, add spinach and toss until wilted. Blend pumpkin, spinach, chickpeas and water to desired consistency. Suitable to freeze. Makes 1 cup.

    Tomato, lentil and sweet potato purée
    Olive oil spray
    1/4 small red onion finely chopped
    1 teaspoon tomato paste
    250g truss tomatoes (skin removed and chopped)!
    150g sweet potato (peeled and cut into 1cm cubes)
    2 tablespoons red lentils
    Pinch cumin
    1/2 cup water

    Spray saucepan with oil and fry onion. Once onion is tender add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool before blending to desired consistency. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Suitable to freeze

    Let me know how these go if you make any
    Thanks so much for taking the time to type these out for me I'll give them a go this week and let you know how I go

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

    Cant wait to be a mummy  (20-10-2013)

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Thanks so much for taking the time to type these out for me I'll give them a go this week and let you know how I go
    You're welcome! Hope they are a hit. Also I think i read you are after a bumbo tray? I got one from big w brand new it was only $18 (it's the proper bumbo brand one)

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    I simply meant I'd like to do blw but without a high chair I can't. What was the point of your post other than being petty? If you don't have anything decent to contribute in relation to my original post don't bother responding.
    I'm glad you said that! There's more to feeding than just blw. I think it's great to combine both ideas. Purees plus introducing finger food that bub can pick up. I have lots of ideas I can share with you that combines both methods of feeding.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    Cant wait to be a mummy  (20-10-2013),mrsboyts  (22-10-2013)

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanks
    3,580
    Thanked
    838
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    having a highchair is not necessary for blw, baby can sit on your lap or a mat on the floor.

    there is confusion about what blw is, so i was just trying to clarify. my post was a bit clumsy.

    my two loved herbs and spices and curry from a young age, any of these can be added to mashed food.
    Last edited by Bubbles10; 20-10-2013 at 17:59.

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked
    704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Cant wait to be a mummy I will check out big w
    @Tamtam any hints you've got would be greatly appreciated. I am more than happy to combine finger foods and puree. Mostly I'm keen to introduce her to different textures and flavours
    @Bubbles10 I guess I just don't understand the reason for getting nitpicky about the precise definition of blw. Dd doesn't sit still basically ever and isn't strong enough to sit by herself so a high chair would work best for us.

    I'm keen to start dd on curry, thanks for the heads up


 

Similar Threads

  1. 19 month old off her food
    By A-Squared in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 21:59
  2. 10 month old starting day care. I'm really upset.
    By Boomchocolatepudding in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-06-2013, 20:29
  3. Starting Solids with 5.5 month old
    By mumsrulz in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-05-2013, 01:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!