+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Concealer for dark circles?

I have really bad dark circles and have never found a really good concealer.

Anyone else in the same boat and found something good?

I don't want to look like I am wearing a mask, I usually just wear a tinted moisturizer and whatever the concealer I am trying at the moment. they will probably never be completely hidden, just something that tones them down and actually lasts more than an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure am. I always whinge to DH about the fact I've had permanent dark circles around my eyes since the day DS was born 3 years ago. He's not a big fan of sleeping through the night.

Anyway I use garniers' caffeine eye roll on. It's pretty good and hides the darkness well even if I'm not wearing any other makeup. I think it's about 10-15 bucks and it lasts a while.

If anyone knows of any eye creams or serums that actually help the problem please mention! The garnier covers well but doesn't lighten the skin like it claims.

Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best thing I've ever used is YSL Touché Éclat however I haven't used it for a few years as it is too expensive. I'm currently using Revlon Age Defying Concealer which isn't too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lala...unfortunately my dark circles are here to stay, it does not matter how much sleep I have! I wil check out that Garnier roll on

LBC....I might have to look into the YSL one, I look so tired all the time even when I am rested.

Anyone else? I have a few friends who use mineral make up....does anyone know anything about concealers in these ranges?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You'll need something salmon/peach-coloured if you're caucasian (white).

Mineral make-up ranges can come with concealers. They're not always true mineral products though, even if some of their other products are. It depends on the ingredients of the individual product.

I'd be using a good cream concealer and also using an eyecream designed specifically to target dark circles. Looks for a cosmeceutical product. It'll work better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the moment I'm using a Napoleon concealer which works well but doesn't last all day!! I have dark circles 24/7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sassy...what are cosmecauticals? Can you give me any brands?

Zee...I will check out Napoleon.

I wish there was somewhere you could go with lots of different brands of make up and someone to advise. I have found I go to one counter at Myer or whatever and they sell their one product, I need a wide selection as I just don't have time to go looking for ages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    They're basically in the grey area between your standard skincare product, and a pharmaceutical product. They just get in the skin deeper, have more active and potent ingredients.

Best bet is to check out a skincare clinic and see what they've got on offer (you won't be able to pick these things up in a chemist or anything, the brands dictate that they want a trained professional recommending, due to the risk of using the incorrect products when the potency is so high).

I don't know every range, and don't want to just promote the ranges I am familiar with... but I'll see if I can gather some names and get back to you.

As for make-up - go to different places. If you want minerals, most salons stock these because they fit in with good skincare practices.

If you're wanting a make-up that isn't a mineral product, then go to Myer or DJs or something, and let people try to sell you their products.

Alternatively, a chat with some of Australians top makeup artists recently had these two recommended a lot for dark circles: http://www.pmstudio.com.au/Product/I...Concealer.html and http://ccacosmetics.com.au/5-in-1-ul...a-secrets.html
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 20-10-2013 at 19:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Sassy! Both of those look great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use Bobbi Browns corrector and instead of concealor I put foundation over it. This works really well and I have the worst dark under eye circles.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jax Tellers Old Lady For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (12-11-2013)