+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Non, je ne regret rien!
    I was going to use the same line - HUGE fan of Édith!!

No regrets here.

Not the good things that have been done to me...nor the bad things. (I'll stop quoting the song now ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everything that has happened had made me the person & lead to the life I have now and I'm pretty damn happy with both of those.

I do regret not spending more time with my dad while he was alive, but that's also a hindsight is 20-20 situation & I know he understood why I wasn't around much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been friends with DH since I was 13. He's always been my guy BFF and possibly my closest confidant.

Didn't know we'd end up married so yep I regret telling him so bloody much lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not anything major really. I am ridiculously cautious and consider almost every decision of consequence very deeply before I commit to it. This leads to be pretty sure about the big ones. Also means the small things that I didn't get a chance to consider are the ones that are likely to flash across my mind at 3am after a feed when I am trying to get back to sleep. Nothing that has affected the course of my life, but stupid decisions (usually things I did in my youth whilst intoxicated involving snogging boys). Probably because I am so cautious, these are the ones that even now nearly 20 years later make me cringe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have regrets about how I handle situations and people. I always think of something to say after the conversation or argument is over.

One thing I definitely regret is not standing up for myself with in regards to my inlaws. Now that I have my daughter here I do though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, many - and yes some days I dwell on them. I had so many amazing opportunities but let them go because I was too focused on 'fitting in' and thought my friends were everything. I have learnt a lot, and while I am very happy with my life, I haven't yet made peace with the past being the past - but I will in time, I know that. Hopefully I will live for long enough to fulfil some lost opportunities as I am of the belief that you are never too old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only real regret I have was being dismissive of my MIL. I thought she was old fashioned and a bit of a busy body. She passed away suddenly before she got to meet her grandchildren. I wish I had been kinder and more accepting. I never really got to know her because I was at arms length. I wish I appreciated her more. It's only now that I feel this massive gaping hole in our family and I wish more than anything she was here. The pain of grief is excruciating enough let alone the regret I feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    The only real regret I have was being dismissive of my MIL. I thought she was old fashioned and a bit of a busy body. She passed away suddenly before she got to meet her grandchildren. I wish I had been kinder and more accepting. I never really got to know her because I was at arms length. I wish I appreciated her more. It's only now that I feel this massive gaping hole in our family and I wish more than anything she was here. The pain of grief is excruciating enough let alone the regret I feel.
    Xxxxxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

moosey  (19-10-2013)