+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you have regrets?

DH says he never has regrets. He made some bad choices in his younger years and they do impact directly on us today but he says he has no regrets as they made him who he is today. I on the other hand have lots of regrets. I don't wallow in them or anything but I regret choices I made, things I did or didn't do, ( guys I slept with LOL) etc, etc.
    Do you have regrets? Big ones - ( not like should have ordered the chicken not the beef kind of thing!)Or do you have the same attitude as my DH? What sort of things ( if you don't mind sharing).
    One of my biggest is not doing medicine and doing nursing instead. Maybe one say when I am like 50 I can do it!!

( DS crying but will be back...)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to respond when I have time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always said that if I hadn't done what I did - I wouldnt be where I am today.
    I believe I do have short term regrets but there is nothing that I would change in the long term.
    I might even 'hate' some of my life choices when I think about them - but I don't regret that I made the decisions that I did.

For example - I hate that im still studying now at 27 instead of knuckling down and finishing when I was younger. But I don't regret doing it differently because I have more experience now and have made great connections through my work that will actually help me get a job in the field I am studying.
    Last edited by nirok; 19-10-2013 at 12:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I try not too.

I live by the attitude that my mistakes made me who I am today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine are complicated. See I knew my marriage was no good after two years but it took me a further ten years to leave. Staying in that bad marriage so long has had a detrimental effect on my psychi, so I should say that I regret not leaving after two years ... but I had another three children in that time, so how I can say that when that would mean that three of my beautiful children would've never been born.

It really is a quandry.

Study-wise I don't have regrets. I'm happy to return to study now (at almost 40yo). Now is the right time for me.

I do regret not leaving the city and buying property when I had the chance ... but I'm making the most of being "trapped" in the city and now taking advantage of it by returning to university.

Oh, and I'm a really strange one. I'll regret the simplest little decision for days or weeks, and it's not even a decision worth regretting. For example, lets assume I decided to buy a new dress for a Christmas party. I would still be umming and ahhing whether I chose the right one or not ... well into March. By that stage it is well and truly unimportant, but why am I still second guessing myself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really regret much.

My main regret was overeating while pregnant with DS1 and now having horrible stretchy saggy skin.

That's about it really. I wouldn't even take my my marriage to my ex or decisions I've made along the way. I've grown so much as a person because of it. I have 20/20 hindsight though - wouldn't mind that in the present!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, I regret not leaving my exH before I had a child with him. I love DS, of course, but my exH was the wrong man to have a child with. I'll never ever ever tell DS that, but it's how I honestly feel. I don't dwell on it though and am making the most of life now.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (19-10-2013),Mummy Potato  (19-10-2013),pilbarablossom  (19-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just remember my one big regret - not taking a business trip to New Orleans for a long weekend, because my husband couldn't cope with the children alone. They would've survived the weekend, and that was a one-off opportunity that I wont get again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have about a million regrets.

I think some of the big ones would include:

Never standing up for myself when younger. I let people walk all over me and beat me down to the point that I honestly believed I was a worthless piece of sh!t that would never succeed at anything.

I regret my relationship choices and the circumstances surrounding how my children came to be.

Massive regrets, looking back on my first pregnancy and the way I was treated, I never once stood up for myself then.

I regret not having any confidence in my ability to study. I'm hardly academic, I do relise that, but I'm really not as stupid as I always thought I was. I wish I had of studied and worked out a career path when younger.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always get buyers regret or remorse. Whether I spend $50 or $500. I cant help it! I get over it in a day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app