+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi, sorry to hear you've had such a tough time.
    I think phoning the nurse is your answer and leaving a message, they always call you back. If I have a query for Lynn directly, I leave a message with her staff, they then go in and get an answer for me and call me back.
    Sounds like email is not the way to go when things are so time sensitive.
    All the best
    Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Em. I think you're probably right, I'll see how I go with Sheila over the phone. Have all your cycles been with Lynn? All the very best of luck for your October cycle. Let us know how you get on, hope you get lots of good embies and a super sticky one! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi again, no just the last two... I had two previous FS at Cfc but felt they were just going through the motions and blamed everything on the fact that I was early 40's. Lynn has done so much more testing and found other issues they never would have as a result. She u my last shot basically as I'm getting a bit past it lol. My last two Fs were very nice and available, but didn't get me results, nor were they proactive enough for my liking in regard to testing.
    There is not as much contact with Lynn, but as long as my cycles are managed well by my nurse I don't mind.
    Also, be aware that Lynn will likely not do your EPU or Transfer, they do a roster thing at Monash which I wasn't used to.
    There is a whole thread for Lynns patients on here too, feel free to jump in there for advice too.
    EM X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That would be so frustrating! I went through CFC in Brisbane (not your way obviously) and they were great. I was able to call my fs at 9pm one night when I hyper stimulated and he offered to meet me at the hospital right away. I kept the same doc as an ob and any little question I had through my pregnancy I was always able to make contact or get a call back or email, even appointment same day, even if out of hours. It's so unfair you were brushed aside like that in such a vulnerable state. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Surely there has to be a good doc with the whole package down there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi just had a quick read of this thread and would have to agree with others here that melb ivf and monash ivf do things quite differently but I do believe that Monash has a higher success rate and currently the better of the two. You just have to change your expectations. Regarding Dr Lynn, she has become more busy than ever before. 1. You need to call them, they don't correspond via email. The receptionists will always get back to you. Even if its a day late. 2. Sheila is a fantastic nurse and will call you back straight away but also does not do email correspondence. 3. You won't have Dr Lynn doing all the procedures it is on roster system and you may be lucky to land her on the odd occasion. However she does have days in surgery to do other procedures ie hyst/laps etc. 4. Once you start a protocol with her your nurse will be in correspondence with her and she knows what is going on. 5. She often works late and makes phone calls if she finds it necessary as tests may require one to one discussion with her patients. 6. Dr Lynn knows her stuff when it comes to fertility, but I think she is probably seeing too many patients these days. Maybe try tentavily booking some appointments and trying to get on the waiting list.
    im sorry about your miscarriage, I know how hard it is. You want someone to get to the bottom of the problem and as I said before she knows her stuff. At this point you need someone who can make a diagnosis as to what is the problem is. Dr Lynn is a scientist at the end of the day and a very smart lady. Scientists are not always going to be the most empathetic people. But as long as they get you your baby I think that's whats important.
    i hope this doesn't sound too harsh. Just trying to be be succinct. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your kind words, support and advice. I was looking at all your signature stories, everyone has been through so much, it’s a shame this is such a personal experience because I think everyone going through this should be celebrated for their courage and resilience.
    I haven't had a single day off work since the BFP which resulted in the mc, I even did the D&C on a Saturday so have pretty much been suffering in silence and pretending as if nothing has happened the last couple of weeks - unfortunately I think this has resulted in thoughts of self pity. BUT....after hearing your inspirational stories where you've been getting closer and closer to success under Lynn, I'm inspired and ready to pick myself up and get back to it!
    I think I’ll take the next couple of months off to let my body recover and get through the festive season without having to make excuses as to why I'm not drinking and start early in the new year. During that time I’ll try and get my head around the different approach by Monash. It sucks that email doesn’t appear to be an option but I guess I’ll just have to work out another way to communicate with them discreetly during business hours that doesn’t require me going and sitting in one of our fish bowl meeting rooms.
    I have fingers, toes and everything else crossed for all of you currently in the 2WW, I’m looking forward to hearing about your BFPs.
    xxxxx