+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    There was a very similar story in Ireland just a few weeks back.
    That turned pretty nasty actually.

Here's the youtube clip that did the rounds.

Like a previous poster said, why get off to wait in the heat with a cranky child only to have the child twice as upset on the next bus???
    Same in Ireland, asking that mother to get off the bus when it was most likely freezing outside and no guarantee of another bus coming (Dublin buses are the pitts!) is just not on.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    The bit that I actually found the most disturbing is that the author felt the need to give the kid an iPhone to curb the tantrum. What did we do as kids? Or parents didn't have iPhones...... We got a smack and a stern talking to. We turned out okay if u ask me.
    I know that's a bit off topic to the OP. I'm just answering the Q, that's the first thing I thought when reading article..
    Yes inflicting a smack causing the child to cry more would really help

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (22-10-2013),Pusheen The Cat  (22-10-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If DS chucks a tanty in a restaurant or cafe I leave. If he has a tanty in a shop or the bank or some other public place I leave. But in the scenario in the article the woman had to get home, it would have been a HUGE inconvenience to get off the bus and I think in that case, although certainly unpleasant, the fellow passengers and driver should have dealt with it. If the driver was seriously unable to drive with the noise, perhaps he should have called the depot and explained. I'm sure a bus full of high school students make a pretty awful noise too though.