+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Needing some help

My dd is 6 weeks old. She has always done some back arching/grunting/head shaking while shes feeding. Recently she has started pulling her knees in and pressing her face right into my nipple when shes grunting. Shes also started wanting food every 2.5hours day and night.
    The grunting and face smooshing is my biggest concern. I don't know if its normal and im starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    The feeding every 2.5 hours could just be a growth spurt/wonder week if it's a sudden change. Both my bubs have needed 2hrly feeds through the day so they can sleep through at night.

Can't help on the arching etc sorry!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is she at other times of the day?

Is she having plenty of wet nappies?

Does she seem generally content between feeds?

Her pulling her knees in may be her trying to shift some wind and grunting along with that suggests that too. Do you burp her? You could try infants friend to help get done wind up if she's having trouble. You want to try and bring the wind up as a burp instead of it coming out as a fart- burping is more comfortable for them as farting can cause tummy pain.

Feeding that regularly day and night is, I'm afraid, totally normal. Around that age they go through a growth spurt, so she's trying to increase your supply naturally. Let her feed often and it will soon pass. If it's any comfort my 5mo is now feeding 2 hrly during the day- she didn't even do that as a newborn!

If you can, download "the wonder weeks " app in your phone. It's $1.99 and I wish it was around when my first two were little. It helps take a lot of the guess work out of why bub might suddenly be fussy.

Eta- sorry just corrected spelling mistakes!
    Last edited by My Beloved Ones; 18-10-2013 at 13:11.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-10-2013),LaDiDah  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep- I agree. The amount of feeding is normal. Not sure on the arching and grunting, although I did find mine was worse when he had wind. I started drinking crazy amounts of camomile tea and it seemed to help my little one (and me )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She seems happy enough the rest of the time and she has lots of wet and dirty nappies.
    I'm trying to increase how much I burp her to see if it helps.
    Today has been particularly bad, she's attached to my boo.b almost constantly so far with naps of maybe 10mins then a feed of 10mins then repeat!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    If it is wind related, it might help you to look up block feeding. My DS suffered terribly from gas pains and block feeding saved us. Also, burping midfeed can be very useful (I did every 7 minutes). My son fed every 2 hours until he was about 5 months old, so I feel your pain!