+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need your positive stories! !

Ok so it's my due date today and I'm still pregnant. ... I know this sounds ridiculous but I feel like she will never come.

I have kidney issues so they are looking at inducing me early- ive managed to hold out this long in hopes bub will be born but depending on my next tests of my kidney they might have to induce sooner rather than later.

I was induced at 38 weeks due to cholestasis for my last pregnancy so was really really hoping to go naturally this time.

Anyone else feel like they were never going to come and then suddenly went into labour? I know it of course happens- just want to read everyone's stories to give me hope

P.s ive tried everything to naturally induce labour- acupuncture, accupressure, primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea, sex, nipple stimulation, walks, bouncing on bouncing ball .... all I seem to get is bad cramps and back pain then they fizzle out into nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had nothing that even resembled going into labour, then at 40+6 I had a stretch and sweep and had my first contraction 4 hours later :-) good luck!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was born at 41 weeks and 1 day, at my appointment before he was born my cervix was completely closed, no softening at all and he was head down but not engaged. I though I was never going to go into labour but he came a couple of days later.
    It can start at any time even when it doesn't seem like it will. Good luck.
    Last edited by CassJ; 18-10-2013 at 12:13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went into labour at 41+3 - the day I had been booked to be induced. Had had a failed stretch and sweep a few days earlier and had tried everything else in the book. Went to bed resigned to the fact that next day was induction day and then woke up at midnight to period pain - bub was born 8pm the following night- the time they had me down to be induced. Good luck! They like to keep us on our toes!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (18-10-2013)