+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been with DP for just over a year & we've barely spent a night apart. Well, apart from him goin to Thailand (organised before we met) a month into our relationship with his family for 2 weeks, longest 2 weeks ever!

He was pretty much at my house most nights from then onwards and he moved in about 6 months into our relationship. DS adores my partner & loves him living with us. He is a great father figure for him too. We wouldnt have it any other way!

DP had to work away for a couple of nights this week and it was so weird sleeping by myself lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My whole relationship with DH moved really quickly, so we're probably not the 'norm' so to speak.

But, we were dating for 5 months when we moved in together (then got engaged a month later). But we weren't alone, there were 4 of us who moved out together, DH, myself, my bestie and one of DH's mates.

About 6 months later, DH and I moved in with his mother so we could save money to buy a house, we were there 6 months then moved in to our very own house.

We were 20/21 when we moved into our share house

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was about a month I think. Circumstances were both our roomys were moving out and going overseas. I was at his house everynight for that month anyway. We both wanted to take that step and it just happened that our roomys ditched us st the same time made our decision easy. We both agreed that in 6 months we'd pack and quit our jobs and travel too. 10 years later the rest is history.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was quite a while, I think 3 years? For the first 2 yrs DH worked away Mon - Fri, I was living in a share house with girlfriends so I didn't really see the point in moving in just to be by myself all week. After he changed jobs and it looked like a permanent change it made sense for us to move in together as we were spending most nights at each others house anyway.
    I had also been burned moving in with my previous long term boyfriend and having it end badly, financially and emotionally so was in no hurry to repeat the experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My now DH and I moved in together about 2 weeks after we started dating. It wasn't meant to happen- I was only meant to stay the night and, well, never left lol. We were both happy though. We lived together almost 2 years then separated, he moved in with his ex girlfriend and I moved back to my grandfathers place. After almost a year apart we decided to give it another shot, but I said I didn't want to move in straight away. That lasted about a month lol. We have happily lived together since. It helps now he works FIFO 2 weeks on 1 week off so we appreciate the time together a lot more.

While we were separated I started seeing a guy. I stayed at his place every second weekend when dd1 was with her dad. He was lovely and wanted us to move in together but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it... Maybe in the back of my mind I knew I'd always end up back with now DH.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 18-10-2013 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was at almost two years I think but we were 15 & 16 when we got together.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    We are tricky - friends for three years, together for three months then I moved 8 hours away for work. DH moved with me when we'd been together about 6 months, for 6 months only. Then did long distance thing for 4.5 years (but got married in that time), so 'officially' moved in together last year when I was 34 weeks preggers. So...um...6 years?
    Last edited by harvs; 18-10-2013 at 09:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About 3 weeks.

Df had a falling out with his flatmate and I was living with a friend. It was meant to be temporary but then I fell pregnant with ds1.

Luckily it all worked out in the end. We're engaged and have two kids now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were inseparable from 3rd week (when we started rooting lol). We were only 18 and he basically stayed at my parents house. Then we went to share houses, got a place as a couple 4 years in. Longest been apart in 13 years is 3 nights (because of his work). 2 arguments.

As pp said, when you know, you know. It was scary finding our soul mate so young but its fantastic. Never had a broken heart
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 18-10-2013 at 10:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 months in but we were only young. No kids.

I don't think I could even let a man stay at my house now that I have kids. But that's a whole other story.