+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Working full time with 3 kids?

I posted a similar question in the general parenting section but only has a couple of responses, so thought I'd try here.

I'm hoping to hear from other full time working mums with 3 kids about their experiences in juggling family and work.

I currently have two DDs - 4 and 8 - and work full time. But lately I have been thinking about baby #3, almost like a member of our family is still missing.

My DH thinks I'm crazy for even thinking about it and that we have enough going on in our busy lives.

So what have your experiences been like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not in your situation but was the third daughter of a working mum, admittedly she was a school teacher so the hours and holidays were in tune with ours.

But I do remember her having specific times for doing jobs - Friday afternoon was cleaning, washing and takeaway for dinner (we helped as we got older with this). Thursday was food shopping. Wednesday was piano lessons, but she drove our cousin too so my aunty had dinner packed for us when we dropped her back. Sundays we went to church and dad cooked a roast.

I guess she was just quite organised and we all had a fairly rigid routine, but I remember feeling it relaxed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time with 3 under 3.5 and I'm expecting number 4- it's damn hard work but it is possible- it takes a really supportive and flexible partner and a really understanding work place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    I work full time with 3 under 3.5 and I'm expecting number 4- it's damn hard work but it is possible- it takes a really supportive and flexible partner and a really understanding work place.
    Thanks Meags82 - Luckily I have both of these plus other supportive family members! Keep you experiences coming. It sounds heartening so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very challenging at times. I really found the jump from 2 kids to 3 to be HUGE.

Really.

And I'm very easy going and relaxed. It really took me by surprise how hard it was to juggle work and kids with 3 by comparison to 2.

It's getting better now that the baby is 3. But between 1-3 yo it was hard.

You also want to have lots of help from your partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work 40 hours a week and have 5 kids (not to mention doing Uni as well).

You just need to be organised (meal plans, etc). Hubby and I have a white board and pin up board in our room and we write anything that needs to be done for the week on there. Excursion notes for the kids, etc are pinned up with their due dates.

Hubby is a HUGE help and cooks meals, takes the kids to school and so on. We have been doing this since our youngest was 1 years old and she is 3.5 now.