+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I know it's horrible

I have food issues.
    When I was first diagnosed with depression I was a sever comfort eater.
    I was 120kgs.
    After nearly 10 years of treatment for my depression and anxiety I came off meds completely and that's when I changed my diet and lost weight.
    I went down to 60kgs.
    I was fine and dealing well, something happened in my life and the depression came back.
    I didn't do anything about it until I went up to 70kgs and just about had a breakdown, well let me rephrase that. I did have a breakdown.
    I felt disgusting (even though I was still lighter than what I use to be)
    I went on an extreme diet, but would fail, so wouldn't get anywhere, I was a mess.
    I'm back on antidepressants (Pristiq) and have lost 4kgs.
    But i still have days where I get down about a few hundred grams.
    I don't have scales but the kids have the Wii fit... I just can't control myself sometimes.
    When I put on the 10 kilos I didn't go back to how I use to eat, just ate more healthier food but didn't exercise at all and I was just in a rut at home.
    So that really freaked me out that I hasn't even had sh*t food and I still put weight on.

I have been on different antidepressants in the past that have worked great (lovan, Zoloft, cymbalta, Prozac) they were really good for my mental health, but found they would cause weight gain which would just end up putting anxiety on me, I would freak out and get so worked up over it... So I would change.
    Then I would have withdrawals, get depressed over that and it was all a big mess!
    I think if the tablets were to be causing your weight gain and it effected you more than what you felt good on them I would look at changing.
    Only if it's going to be causing more negative in your life than positive iykwim.
    Thanks for sharing your journey. There is nothing worse than food and body image issues, they are SO HARD.

I know my pristiq isn't the cause of the weight gain and am relatively sure it started when I was on anti psychs which I have just stopped without too many problems. Unfortunately I'm sure it's the Benzos (Xanax) which will take me 6 months to wean off as I will never do a rapid detox from Benzos again (came off 150mg a day of Valium earlier in the year and was bedridden for nearly a month.). Maybe I should change back to Valium Bevause at least I didn't get the pregnant belly with that but it's such a weak drug I don't think they'd prescribe me enough to keep the withdrawals at bay (or my anxiety.)

Or it could be the suboxone which I am definitely not ready to come off.

I take lorazepam sometimes too as well
    As a beta blocker, what a mess. Oh and two naturopathic potions
    Which are only recent additions.

I'm sorry you have gone through this too but thank you for sharing with me,
    It's nice to know someone gets it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ok I might try the diuretic and probiotics. Which probiotics do you recommend?

I am lactose intolerant and I eat gluten free as it causes me problems (nothing diagnosed.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone at the pool asked me if I was pregnant this afternoon. I have this slim frame with a perfect little round belly sticking out. That's the third
    Or
    Forth person in a week to ask. It's making me
    Not
    Want to
    Go
    Out
    In
    Public

I just Walked in the door from work with all five kids. The pool opens at 6am
    And it's nearly 9pm
    Now. Thursdays are huge and hubby is sick in bed. Exhausted. Still have to do lunches and uniforms
    Etc. I was going to try and not have a
    Xanax tonight but I couldn't help
    It.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 17-10-2013 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at the doctor and just lost it, they've had to put me in a separate room to calm Down. She won't give me more Xanax, expects me to go cold turkey off a strong benzo. Refuses too
    Acknowledge my stomach issue or weight problem.

My husband is in hospital after being taken by an ambulance last night. I need help
    And have no time to get it.

Everything was
    Traveling along well with kids and work
    And I've lost it again. Had to close a
    Council
    Pool this morning which I am
    Not
    Supposed to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh hun. Do you have family or friends close by?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of friends all As busy as me
    With a thousand kids each as well. My
    Closest friend here also runs and pool and has six kids.

No family. I have no
    Kids with me today as they are
    All at school/Kindy/playfate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, dear Frenchie

Why won't they renew your Xanax?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMg she is the worst dr I have ever
    Met. She said 'I'm trying to
    Talk to you and all you do
    Is cry cry cry, I've never been treated like that before, I'm so upset then slammed the door and walked out.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you talk to a different doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My regular dr wasn't Available and she is lovely so it was unfortunate. I am
    At home and my social worker ands tail health nurse are on their way over. Lucky the house is neat.