+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I really appreciate the kind replies guys. My bulimia has been well under
    Control
    Too
    For
    Awhile
    Now which is great, I just had one slip
    Up
    Last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    This makes me think it's fluid.
    Which is common on anti depressants.
    I would ask your dr if you can try some tablets (you get them over the counter at the chemist) that relieve fluid retention.

I've had to take them before and lost 5kg just in fluid in a 2 week period

How is your water intake?
    Remember that anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds can really dry you up and that's why many people have extreme thirst, so when you do drink your body can just hold onto it.
    I had to make sure I was upping my water intake to just over 2L a day when taking anti-depressants.
    I never felt like I had fluid, I felt a little bloated but I wasn't busting out of my clothes yet the scales were going up. Fluid retention was the only thing my weight gain could have been from.
    Cutting all salt out of my diet also helped.

If that does help, I would more think the meds are slowing down your metabolism.
    I thought about trying a diuretic so I will get some next time I am
    At the Chemist (which is everyday for my suboxone.)

I don't think it's the anti depressents Bevause I didn't gain weight on those alone. Unless its because I'm up
    To 200mg
    Now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do
    Have this pot
    Belly and I look pregnant . I'm
    Pretty sure that is benzo belly.

I've always checked my size bye whether I can fit my thumb and middle
    Finger around my ankle and I only just can now when normally
    I can do
    It
    Easily/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could it be your just settling down a bit now and taking care of yourself indtead of having stress levels out of control? Stress and aniexty can play havoc on weight gain / loss.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would suggest fluid retention as well. are you keeping your fluids up while on the medications? plenty fibre?
    It may be just a short term reaction to a new med? i dont know how long you have been on the types of meds though. Sorry. How long have you noticed the weight gains? It could also be metabolic related as a pp mentioned.
    Are you feeling more relaxed and less on edge? less fidgeting/worrying/anxiety levels not as high?
    I would be speaking up about your weight concerns to your phych.
    Good luck hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Could it be your just settling down a bit now and taking care of yourself indtead of having stress levels out of control? Stress and aniexty can play havoc on weight gain / loss.

I don't think so. I'm still
    Eating the same. But you never know,
    I'll have a think about it. I am
    Eating
    Breakfast regularly now.

I've returned to 53-55 kilos after each pregnancy and the only
    Time I weigh more
    Is when I am
    Pregnant! I have done two tests so
    It
    Isn't
    That thank
    God!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefie View Post
    i would suggest fluid retention as well. are you keeping your fluids up while on the medications? plenty fibre?
    It may be just a short term reaction to a new med? i dont know how long you have been on the types of meds though. Sorry. How long have you noticed the weight gains? It could also be metabolic related as a pp mentioned.
    Are you feeling more relaxed and less on edge? less fidgeting/worrying/anxiety levels not as high?
    I would be speaking up about your weight concerns to your phych.
    Good luck hun.
    I'm really
    Hoping fluid. Yeah I guess I'm more relaxed but working 60 hours a week and having 5 kids I rarely stop.

I just noticed yesterday when I weighed myself. Ugh scales have so much power over me.

I'm willing to bet fluid retention plus Xanax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's horrible

I have food issues.
    When I was first diagnosed with depression I was a sever comfort eater.
    I was 120kgs.
    After nearly 10 years of treatment for my depression and anxiety I came off meds completely and that's when I changed my diet and lost weight.
    I went down to 60kgs.
    I was fine and dealing well, something happened in my life and the depression came back.
    I didn't do anything about it until I went up to 70kgs and just about had a breakdown, well let me rephrase that. I did have a breakdown.
    I felt disgusting (even though I was still lighter than what I use to be)
    I went on an extreme diet, but would fail, so wouldn't get anywhere, I was a mess.
    I'm back on antidepressants (Pristiq) and have lost 4kgs.
    But i still have days where I get down about a few hundred grams.
    I don't have scales but the kids have the Wii fit... I just can't control myself sometimes.
    When I put on the 10 kilos I didn't go back to how I use to eat, just ate more healthier food but didn't exercise at all and I was just in a rut at home.
    So that really freaked me out that I hasn't even had sh*t food and I still put weight on.

I have been on different antidepressants in the past that have worked great (lovan, Zoloft, cymbalta, Prozac) they were really good for my mental health, but found they would cause weight gain which would just end up putting anxiety on me, I would freak out and get so worked up over it... So I would change.
    Then I would have withdrawals, get depressed over that and it was all a big mess!
    I think if the tablets were to be causing your weight gain and it effected you more than what you felt good on them I would look at changing.
    Only if it's going to be causing more negative in your life than positive iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I do
    Have this pot
    Belly and I look pregnant . I'm
    Pretty sure that is benzo belly.

I've always checked my size bye whether I can fit my thumb and middle
    Finger around my ankle and I only just can now when normally
    I can do
    It
    Easily/
    Don't freak out about your ankles.
    That is the first place fluid will gather (feet and ankles)

I have been on valpam in the past, this would be nearly 5 years ago now.
    But I do remember having bloating to the point I was tested for lactose intolerances and gluten (I didn't have either)
    That was at a point when I was on about 4-5 different meds, someone told me to try high doses of pro-biotic to put my gut back into balance as the meds might have been hurting the good stomach bacteria.
    It did work pretty well actually. I remember a huge difference and my abdominal discomfort subsided a bit too.

Might be something to ask the chemist about when you go down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I don't think so. I'm still
    Eating the same. But you never know,
    I'll have a think about it. I am
    Eating
    Breakfast regularly now.

I've returned to 53-55 kilos after each pregnancy and the only
    Time I weigh more
    Is when I am
    Pregnant! I have done two tests so
    It
    Isn't
    That thank
    God!
    I was going to suggest you take a test and do that half way through reading your post! Lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (17-10-2013)