+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone experienced footpath rage with a stroller and/or dog?

Or was I in the wrong?

Out walking bubs and the dog to the corner store like I do most mornings. I have always been considerate of others in the footpath and I've off to the side and keep the dog close. But today an older man would not move from the middle of the footpath (he just had to move a little to the side but had room). He then took the lead of my dog and swung her violently off the side of the road without a word. I was so shocked and upset

Was I in the wrong for "hogging" the footpath? Has any body else experienced anything like this?

I'm worried to take my dog out again for our daily walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, that's just rude (him, I mean). No, he's in the wrong, not you. What is wrong with people these days? Ok, maybe it was a little inconvenient for him if you were taking up most of the footpath, but too bad for him! It's hard wrangling a stroller and a dog.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikigirl For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (17-10-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sort of thing makes me angry, what makes people think they have the right to physically move someone (human or animal) out of their path when they could just go around! My Mum took DD to the shops with her earlier this year and Mum went into a aisle and told DD to stay put with the trolley where Mum could see her and a old lady came up and abused DD for not moving when there was a heap of room for her to go around her luckily my Mum saw it all and grabbed DD and stepped in because this old b***h went to grab DD by the arm and move her herself. No you were not in the wrong and he should not have moved your dog, you were wrangling a pram and a dog it would have been easier for him to take a steps to the side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, would like to see him do that to the wrong dog and get his hand taken off! That was incredibly rude of him. Like you, when I'm walking with the dog and the pram I move off to the side (generally one pram wheel on the footpath) and have the dog on the naturestrip side so she's not on the side of passing people. I've never experienced 'footpath rage', mostly people are polite and stick to the left of the footpath so we can all pass with a bit of footpath.

Sometimes I find young groups of kids/ teens walking all over the footpath don't like to move over to let us through, so I just pick my line on the left of the path and keep walking - they can move into single file instead of taking up the whole footpath.

ETA: I actually find when I have the dog with me people give me more space - they see a german shepherd , look at her warily and take a wide berth lol.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 17-10-2013 at 09:12.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, his reaction to that situation was not okay.

People like that are a worry. How aggressive

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You each move to your left and share the path.
    Simple footpath etiquette.
    You made an effort to move, bubs and dog in tow. He did not. He is a douchebag.
    He is an even greater douchebag for manhandling your dog.
    You are not at fault.
    Some people really lack common sense. If you were heading towards me, bubs and dog, I would've move right off the path.
    Sorry your morning walk was ruined.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swings and roundabouts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-10-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Wow! I would be furious! He was in the wrong. People need to be more courteous, it would have been easier for him to move than you. I have been forced off the footpath when walking ds in the pram by a couple and their dog, I could see if I stood my ground it would have been a mexican standoff so I moved. He had no right to touch your dog or anyone elses oroperty to get them to move.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is totally rude and un called for!
    Last edited by Mummy12; 17-10-2013 at 10:02.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My main pet peeve ie footpath rage is cyclists. I hate it when they ride up behind me and I am unaware of them (they never seem to use their bells). This causes issues as I have a heeler who likes to chase tyres. So generally I walk well off the pathway but my little dog (is always on his lead) still goes ballistic at cyclists especially if they fly up really fast unawares. One douche bag was meters away from us and he yelled and swore at my dog so I yelled back at him. Needless to say that completley ruined my peaceful walk.

OP I would absolutely become physically voilent with someone if they grabbed my dogs lead like that. How completely rude. Don'e let him stop you from enjoying your walks but next time if he tries it I would have it out with him (maybe carry a big stick or a baseball bat in your stroller).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's absolutely shocking, I'd be so angry if someone touched my dogs lead like that
    You didn't do anything wrong, although I always put myself between people and my dog because some people are afraid of dogs. Either way he had no right to touch or move your dog around like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post: