+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    There's too many variables.

What time frame are we talking about? Days, weeks, months, years? Does she just go straight from one to the other or is there some time between relationship? Again how long?

Does she live with them? In her own place or theirs? Is it like couch hopping where she moves from Y's house to Z's and back again?

I can see it playing out in a way that would have a massively negative impact on the kids as well in a way where the impact would be much less.
    This has been over the space of 2 years.... And it's straight from one to the other... She lives with them.. So back & forth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaDuck View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the point of this post, OP, are you truly conflicted as to whether such a life style is unhealthy or not for children?? Have you turned to a forum to seek help finding your moral compass re other people's love life and the effects it may have on their children?? Or is this a gossip post.. I'm guessing it is.

So most people have stated that, 'this girl you know', is making the wrong choices about her love life in regards to her children, now what??? I take it you have genuine concern for the children, are you in a position to approach 'this girl you know' and have a wee chat to her? Maybe her poor choices are due to insecurity, or maybe there are deeper issues there that you are unaware about. Perhaps being a friend to her may be just what she needs. Or maybe you have no intention to be proactive about this situation and just wanted to gossip. I don't think I will ever understand this side of forum's. *sigh.

Ultimately.. it's her life, her choices...
    I'm not friends with the girl.... I'm friends with Z... To be honest, I think the only reason he takes her back is because he thinks it's going to get to Y... It's just turned into a competition between the two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    This has been over the space of 2 years.... And it's straight from one to the other... She lives with them.. So back & forth.
    Oooh those poor kids! I hope for their sake she settles down & finds some stability.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG yes, I've seen it first hand. I'll call her G and him B, they have two boys. In the 12 years they have been together they have broken up more times then I can count. They fight, they break up, then they get back together. All I front of the kids.
    And I imagine how they must feel with no security in there lives and you see how it all affects them in how they behave. My heart hurts for them because G and B are so wrapped up in the drama of their relationship that the kids come second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaDuck View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the point of this post, OP, are you truly conflicted as to whether such a life style is unhealthy or not for children?? Have you turned to a forum to seek help finding your moral compass re other people's love life and the effects it may have on their children?? Or is this a gossip post.. I'm guessing it is.

So most people have stated that, 'this girl you know', is making the wrong choices about her love life in regards to her children, now what??? I take it you have genuine concern for the children, are you in a position to approach 'this girl you know' and have a wee chat to her? Maybe her poor choices are due to insecurity, or maybe there are deeper issues there that you are unaware about. Perhaps being a friend to her may be just what she needs. Or maybe you have no intention to be proactive about this situation and just wanted to gossip. I don't think I will ever understand this side of forum's. *sigh.

Ultimately.. it's her life, her choices...
    I believe the point of the post was that this is meant to be a safe and constructive place to discuss ALL types of issues without someone being judgemental and rude.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

cassieh  (17-10-2013)