+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump for morning people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loving some of these ideas! For us it's usually sandwiches, or home made sausage rolls if I have some in the freezer. Occasionally leftovers from the night before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Lol, I prefer not though, ds1 will most likely be bashing up ds2. They need to be actively supervised . I prep dinner while ds2 has a day sleep.
    Thanks for all your ideas. I'm glad I'm not the only one with more basic offerings!

Oh which tuna should I use (oil or spring water) ?
    Go for spring water - the oil mixes with the tunas natural fat and some of the omegas leak out of the tuna so if you drain the oil before eating you are draining away all the good stuff !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make tuna balls for the kids. Just tuna I grate carrot and zucchini, bread crumbs and an egg. Pop them in the oven.

Also I regually make sausage rolls (dp loves them for lunch at work) pretty much the same I grate veggies into it.

You can try zucchini slice its very simple and it keeps for a couple of the day in the fridge.

me and dp with dd and ds

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do sausage rolls (chicken mince, sun dried tomato, breadcrumbs, bail &An egg), tuna & rice, sushi, an egg cooked like a pancake wrapped up in a crepe or wrap, pikelets or leftovers. Once or twice a week they have a sandwich.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS mostly has a plate with cucumber, tomato celery some ham or salmon and cheese. Sometimes baked beans or scrambled eggs or left overs from the previous night. He doesn't really like bread, but will occasional have a cheese sandwich.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I make my toddlers some little Bento lunches, with rice balls filled with various fillings, boiled eggs, nori rolls, pickles, sliced meat, cheese etc.

Wraps with various meat and cheese fillings and condiments. They love tziki and hommus, so I use those as the condiments.

Platters with 'ploughmans lunch' type stuff, again a bit hit as they love the variety on their plate.

On a busy day, it will be sandwiches fresh or toasted or rolls and some fruit/yoghurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mini quiches, sausage rolls, savoury muffins, pasta with a tomato based sauce and veg, sandwiches or wraps, spinach and feta pasties, dinner leftovers, mini pizzas, grazing plate with fruit cheese cubes cherry toms cucumber and nuggets

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We do the muffin tray, sandwiches, sausage rolls, potato (and other veg) fritters, cheesy vegemite scrolls, cheese and herb scones, pizza (pita bread and left over sandwich filling!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're boring. Generally an avo/ cheese/ ham/ vegemite sandwich or toast, or a pick plate with cheese, crackers, veg sticks, hommus & apple. DS1 is a grazer, so I don't really bother with 'meals' at lunchtime. He often picks a bit, it goes back in the fridge and comes out again next time he's hungry.