+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I heard you can swap sugar for
    Medjool dates.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    Yes mustn't offend the 'I quit sugar' crazies with all this talk of sugar coating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not at all - to be honest it's never crossed my mind.

There are times when I'll be careful with wording, or when it doesn't seem worth the effort to express my opinion, but if I actually want to say something then I will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't say I'm a sugar coater, but I would like to think I'm considerate of other people's feelings which means my responses are usually less blunt than others.

I just try to be honest in my posts. I think you can make your point without being really harsh or hurtful.

I don't post in a lot of the very heated threads. I do read along with my popcorn though, occasionally saying out loud to myself "OH NO SHE DI-N'T!".

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (17-10-2013),beebs  (17-10-2013),harvs  (17-10-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    See, the people I know irl who proudly proclaim not to sugar coat anything are some of the rudest people I've ever met. I think it's totally possible to be opinionated and say exactly what you think without being offensive. There are quite a few hubbers that achieve that very, very well (Lambjam, FL, ZE, Sassy, Boobycino, Atropos etc spring to mind). So maybe my association with 'sugar coating' or lack of is a negative one given my experiences in real life.

As for me, I like to be honest but I try to consider my experience/lack of in any situation before commenting, and I am always willing to admit if I'm wrong.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

gumnutbaby  (17-10-2013),swings and roundabouts  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I dont sugar coat anything. But at times I choose not to comment at all because my opinion may upset the OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    See, the people I know irl who proudly proclaim not to sugar coat anything are some of the rudest people I've ever met. I think it's totally possible to be opinionated and say exactly what you think without being offensive. There are quite a few hubbers that achieve that very, very well (Lambjam, FL, ZE, Sassy, Boobycino, Atropos etc spring to mind). So maybe my association with 'sugar coating' or lack of is a negative one given my experiences in real life.

As for me, I like to be honest but I try to consider my experience/lack of in any situation before commenting, and I am always willing to admit if I'm wrong.
    I agree with this, I think a lot of the time people use the "I'm just saying what I think" line to hide behind when really they are just being nasty. I try to say what I think without hurting people, if I know what I say may be offensive to others I won't post, simple.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gumnutbaby For This Useful Post:

Renn  (17-10-2013),swings and roundabouts  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post

I would agree. I think that sometimes people are rude just because they can be. They do t have much empathy, and it's quite disheartening.

Personally I have no empathy for racists or sexist posts. So I have to be very careful what I say.

I still am very clear about my opinion though.

And lol @Zombie_eyes you Funneh

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Izy  (17-10-2013),Zombie_eyes  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I don't sugar coat my opinion but get to ensure I remain respectful and non-inflammatory as often as I can.

Being polite doesn't necessarily mean you are sugar coating.
    Yep this. I don't sugar coat, I always give my opinion, whether it's popular or not, but I try to be as nice as possible about it (I'm sure I don't succeed every time though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam always conscious of presenting my opinion in a respectful, kind and compassionate manner. I feel like my opinion is better received and taken more seriously if it's presented this way. That's just who I am.... I don't see the point in being rude or confrontational especially if the point of my input is to be heard and listened too. No one listens when opinions are presented in an aggressive and confrontational manner. People are more likely to listen if its respectful... Simple really

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't think I sugar coat, but I do try my best to keep in mind how my words can affect others. I feel sometimes I am pushed into saying things I don't mean and don't even believe by non-sugar coaters though. I've come across a few of these people IRL and they aren't very likeable and I think it would be a pretty nasty world to live in if conversations went something along the lines of "does my bum look big in this?" "well yes it does, your head is horrible too..put a bag over your face to save the rest of us from looking at it". It's just not necessary.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (17-10-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast