+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think every hospital is a bit different, but you should be able to get a tour and find out how your hospital works

The one I'll be having belly Bub in has a maximum of two people per room (plus some private ones), a kitchenette with a microwave and ice machine, and however many visitors in between certain times (and as long as mum is up to it, they did turn some people away for me when I desperately needed some sleep with DD1).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a single room, my own ensuite in the room. Df stayed on a fold out bed. The ward had a microwave, tea/coffee, bottle facilities, im not sure about fridges etc.
    I'm not quite sure on their policy for visitors, I was a bit of a special case. I was flown there while in labour, and only had mum and df, and we were 6hrs from home...df stayed the whole time, and mum would visit from like 10-7, leaving me for a couple hours to sleep in the arvo.

If id stayed put where we were going to birth, I would have been in a 2 bed room, bathroom shared by 2 rooms (4 women). They only had 2 single rooms, for private, first come first serve

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should be able to tour the hospital now to get all your answers. Every hospital is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!

I managed to get hold of someone who could help me today & I'm going to tour the maternity wing on Tuesday. I'll talk to them about getting a private room & see what they say.

Glad to hear the babies don't chain react to each other.

Part of me worries that I will be that annoying patient as I have to get up & walk around a lot at night due to chronic pain & nerve spasm. I also snore . Also if I have to have those leg thingies on, they are so noisy (I have trouble sleeping from the noise), I may keep others up.

Pretty sure I won't be staying the recommended time, I'll be out of there as fast as possible (as long as bubs is ok to leave).