View Poll Results: Did you have any intervention for your first birth?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had one or more of the interventions listed below

46 83.64%
  • No, I had no intervention

9 16.36%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowza View Post
    That sounds awful!!! It's a wonder u went back again at all
    Yeah, it took a while. I don't mean to derail but back then there was no such thing as birth trauma. I was told to get on with it and forget, I had a healthy baby in the end yada yada. I still remember it like it was yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of intervention !

DD1-28 hours of labour ending in fetal distress ., s&s , gas, internals, synto, heartmonitor on her head,EPIDURAL, local for the epidural insertion ,emergency csection

DS2- elective csection

Sent from my Samsung galaxy using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I had intervention. In hindsight knowing more now I wish I'd educated myself more back then as what I had done to me was totally unnecessary although I was brainwashed into thinking it was at the time.

Our pregnancies and births are way overmedicalised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep. Internals, monitors and the clip on bubs head as they couldnt get a good trace, gas, syntocin, 2 ultrasounds (yep, while in labour), epidural, emergency csect.

It was 33 hours from my waters breaking at home, until DS was delivered.

At one stage they were asking my permission to take blood from bubs head to test for infection/stress or something - but didnt end up doing it. Totally freaked me the hell out! I had about 4 students come in the room asking if they could watch if the procedure was done as it wasnt very common. I had just got to the exhausted point of "whatever, just get this baby out safely")

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. One internal to establish. I did use the gas though. I was with a birth centre.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just had my first baby privately, had a stretch and sweep, ARM, epis and vacuum for low heart rate.
    I also had a managed 3rd stage but I think this should be looked at different to the other interventions as it's routine practice all over the country - midwife only programs in hospitals eg. Birth centres, would also routinely offer this, as opposed to the other procedures which are not all routinely offered (but admittedly may often be offered, like stretch and sweep). I would say the vast majority of hospital births, first time mum or not, would have a syntocinon injection given in 3rd stage.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789