View Poll Results: Did you have any intervention for your first birth?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had one or more of the interventions listed below

46 83.64%
  • No, I had no intervention

9 16.36%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I put it out there that a lot of births would have an active/managed 3rd stage. At our hospital it is considered best practice to minimize the risk of a PPH (particularly after a long labour - natural or induced), and I'm fairly certain most hospitals would have this as their best practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gel, ARM, and managed third stage.

By the time I got to my third, I refused all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, after my waters breaking and 12 hours of no contractions I had gel (failed), syntocin (still no progress after 12 further hours) and an emergency c- section - none if which worried me I was just happy to have my beautiful boy out safely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    3 failed ventouse attemps, ended up with forceps and an episiotomy. He was well and truly stuck! Oh and managed 3rd stage.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 16-10-2013 at 13:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Can I put it out there that a lot of births would have an active/managed 3rd stage. At our hospital it is considered best practice to minimize the risk of a PPH (particularly after a long labour - natural or induced), and I'm fairly certain most hospitals would have this as their best practice.
    Agreed. The only intervention I had was an active 3rd stage after the cord stopped pulsing. They gave me options of immediate clamping and injection/constant traction, delayed clamping then injection and traction or natural third stage.

Honestly I didn't consider this an intervention and thought it was the best of both worlds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I had a stretch and sweep and also ARM the next day and they also used syntocin to get things moving. I had high BP and a lot of pre-eclampsia symptoms so they decided to get bubs out before PE developed fully. I was full term and had him on his EDD. Would do it again if I had to or were given the option!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. There was meconium in my waters so the birth was assisted by a vacuum and episiotomy. They also used something to increase contractions as I was only 1cm when my waters broke. I was worried about the baby and don't regret any of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was induced, because (part of) my water broke.

I now don't think I should have been. A bit of my water broke when I was trying to get up after sitting on the floor, it wasn't enough to warrant inducing me a couple of days later to avoid infection imo. As a result I was in labour for 20 hours and he had to literally get pulled out with forceps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Syntocin and managed 3rd stage

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes;

A Stretch and sweep that failed (now that I know more about everything, I realise he just wasn't ready to come out), gel to start labour 6 times every 12 hours, ARM, syntocin, and ventouse, managed 3rd stage. The whole thing took 68 hours - it was a friggen nightmare, the baby was in distress, so they also put monitors on his head and took blood from his head when he was inside. I was also forgotten about during labour for 2 or 3 hours. When bubs was finally born he came out not breathing and had to be resuced. I was a wreck after labour, they had managed to click my hip out of place, my spine was clicked out of place due to posterior positioning and I ended up with a severe uterus infection and left in placenta. I was told by the midwives after that usually after 3 failed gels they c.section and they have no idea why I wasn't.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast