+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7yr old is obsessed with geography. She already has an atlas and is getting a bigger, better one from my parents for xmas. She has a Tag pen with the map, a leap frog globe (for young kids though), her ipad with heaps of globe apps.
    Is there anything else geography related you can think of? Any board games that you know of? DD is 7 but not 7 developmentally (more like a 5yr old) so nothing too advanced but something she can learn with. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A world map puzzle? I know you can get some that are just continents so easier to put together. From spotlight you can buy panels of the world. I have one seamed that I put up in my classroom. You could make one as a poster maybe or as a blanket she could use? (Much nicer than a poster IMO) also you can buy wall stickers of the world as well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

galoomp  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    The Fisher Price 'my loving family' range is really good too and your ds would be a great age for that. It's good because you can ask other people to buy a room worth of furniture or more people to add to it.
    Yes! We have some of this stuff and it's great, not very pink, even our mum doll isn't in pink yay!!

Can't believe I missed this thread!!

My dad and Auntys are asking what to get my DD for Xmas this year but I have no idea what to tell them it's so hard!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by galoomp View Post
    My 7yr old is obsessed with geography. She already has an atlas and is getting a bigger, better one from my parents for xmas. She has a Tag pen with the map, a leap frog globe (for young kids though), her ipad with heaps of globe apps.
    Is there anything else geography related you can think of? Any board games that you know of? DD is 7 but not 7 developmentally (more like a 5yr old) so nothing too advanced but something she can learn with. Thanks
    I'm not sure but Australian Geographic has heaps of that kind of stuff I think, maybe check out their website for ideas?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've bought for my cousins and 2 of my brothers. I got the older girls sand painting kits, the younger girls puzzles to colour in and my brothers are getting books this year. We are only on one income so I can't go crazy like I normally do. This bub will be a month old, maybe less. He's getting some bath toys and a beach towel from Santa because we need to get them eventually so may as well get them for him for Xmas when he won't care...

Thanks
    Reviews
    A map quilt!! What an amazing idea. She would love that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by galoomp View Post
    A map quilt!! What an amazing idea. She would love that.
    Glad I could help I also noticed they have panels on eBay as well. I think spotlight may have been cheaper though

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

galoomp  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I usually try and source things that are a bit more open ended and better quality where I can, it might cost a bit more but they don't end up with as much stuff (that they don't need) then.
    I also love online - no dragging kids around and queues.
    If your local preschool/school is doing fundraising catalogues they are great too. You can order online and have it delivered straight to your door, they often have cool stuff you can't find in shops too - like here
    http://www.edex.com.au/fundraising/