+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    My sons have a pink pram from kmart. They don't care about colours, DS1' s fave colour is purple. I dont care if a toy is barbie, pink, aimed at girls, if my boys want it I dont mind

DS2 had a 'baby' doll, he took it everywhere for months. It was astounding the amount of grown adults who had a problem with it!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I totally agree - my issue is the lack of colour variety, all pink! DS likes pink too but it would be good if the manufacturers changed it up a little!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I totally agree - my issue is the lack of colour variety, all pink! DS likes pink too but it would be good if the manufacturers changed it up a little!
    Agreed. My little sister loves blue and she would love a blue pram etc but they're impossible to find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought their "big presents". ds was born 2 days after xmas day so i have to get his bday presents too, which ive done.
    We dont spend alot of money on them at xmas ATM, They are little, and dont "need" much. DS doesnt even know what's going on yet!
    We got DS a floatie swim seat, wooden shape sorter puzzle, beach towel, sand play stuff: shovel, spade, bucket ect.
    We got DD a mini trampoline, clothes, a few books, some dora things.

I guess im lucky in that i have a DD, DS is already playing with her dolls and tea sets. I found a wodden one in aldi - it's green and red!
    Non gender specific stuff is out there. You just have to look harder and not in department store chains like kmart/target.
    There is a great store on ebay sorry, i forget the name, they make handmade material dolls - boys and girls. DD loves hers and i got DS one for his 1st birthday. Much to DH's disapproval!
    Toyworld has anatomically corret dolls, black and brown coloured ones too!
    Last edited by Beefie; 16-10-2013 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Agreed. My little sister loves blue and she would love a blue pram etc but they're impossible to find.

It just amazes me in this day and age!

Sure, lots of little girls like pink, and lots of little boys love cars, but did they ever stop and think that perhaps that is often so because those are the only choice options they have?? And the 'boys toys' and 'girls toys' section signage is just plain wrong. We condition children in so many ways when it comes to gender stereotypes. I dislike it immensely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I am super organised i have done my 5 nieces and nephews!! I haven't gone shopping for Christmas but seen things while out and just bought them, cos once you go looking you can never find anything!!

i haven't bought anything for my own but know what I'm getting DS. He LOVES being outside and copies everything his dad does so am buying him a toy chainsaw makes the noises etc and whipper snipper he already has a lawn mower honestly everyday he mows pretends to whipper snip and tells me he needs to cut the bushes. I always buy him new outfit for Christmas and Boxing Day. He also loves toy story he has buzz and woody and my sister has bought him Rex so il get him Mr potato head and he wants sunglasses cos I always wear them. And he just started swimming lessons so il buy him a good swimming vest.

My DD is hard!! She will be 11 months and doesn't need anything!! Also she has her christening start of dec then Christmas then Bday end of Jan! Ppl keep asking what to buy her I don't even know what to buy!!? She has a substantial wardrobe already (my guilty habit buying her beautiful clothes also for DS)

my children are soo blessed they get ridiculous amounts of presents from grandparents also have lots of aunties and uncles so I am trying very hard not to go overboard

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Christmas!

Which is strange because I always used to dislike it. Having kids makes all the difference for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with the gender specific stuff stores force on you. Ds has a pink bus and afew dolls. His favourite color is pink though

Ds (2.5) is getting duplo, buzz & woody.
    Then from grandparents / rellies he is getting a bike and a train table. And a million other smaller toys.
    Dd (6m) is getting the fp talking mirror and an alphabet abacus. Not sure what others are giving her.
    Joint present from us is a little pool.
    Joint present from rellies a swing set.

Totally spoilt.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are people's opinions on the best layby websites?

I looked at my layby but they don't seem to have a big selection. Not just talking toys, also looking at outdoor and camping equipment, home furniture etc.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    What about good old target? I learnt the other day they layby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just determined what I'm getting DS last night. He's 8 so I did the whole, "I have a friend at work who doesn't know what to get her 8yr old son for his birthday- he's a kid like you, what do you think she should get him?".

So, I'm getting suitcase sets for the both of us (we've outgrown our current ones) and a scooter for him from Santa. Easy! Done! Now to just get it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

galoomp  (23-10-2013)