+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Out To Pasture View Post
    You know there is no rule saying you have to buy a bazillion presents for Christmas? 1 big present is still good?
    Oh of course. We were poor as poor gets growing up and usually only had 2-3 small gifts each (there were 2 of us). Thankfully as an adult hubby and I are bringing DS up in a much better financial situation. But I'm not even going to lie, my childhood has had an impact on the whole spoiling DS issue I mentioned. I tend to overcompensate for everything I didn't get at his age. I'm starting to grow out of it now though, but only one pressy? Defs not there yet😂. I just don't think the whole 'present opening experience' will be much if there's only 1 gift under the tree for him

Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is my first child's first Christmas! My daughter will be almost 6 months so I've decided to make her a Santa sack (my siblings & I had one each growing up) and I've bought two Christmas outfits (1 for Christmas Eve dinner with inlaws, 1 for Christmas Day with my family) for her. She is going to be so spoilt by the rest of our family (especially MIL who doesn't know when enough is enough!) that she won't need anything else from us!

For following years I'm going to buy 'Something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalasmooch View Post
    I got DS the $99 toddler play gym from Kmart for his first xmas and it got SO much use. ITs got a little slide, climbing frame and a mini ball pit. Admittingly it probably only lasted a year before it started to ruin but DS was grown out of it by then anyway. In the time between 1-2 he went and played outside on it everyday! One of the best gifts I've brought him.

Thank you very much. This is something I have been thinking about. That helps a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I got DS one of those bead table things for his first Christmas, similar to the pic below. Also got him a little table and chairs, books and an alphabet magnet board, a xylophone and some blocks...
    Great ideas here too. Thank you!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My vent- I've decided to buy my boys a handheld device each for a few reasons- firstly they will be at school next year and I do like a lot of the educational games you can get for a 3DS. Secondly, according to them, they are the only ones without iPods or 3DS's etc

So this is only a recent decision- within the last couple of days. I like to laybuy big purchases like that, as just the consoles alone will cost me $500. (They won't be getting much else for Christmas!!) So I missed the toy sales, so no online laybuy. (Why can't it be available all year round? Direct debit laybuy= happy me!) I'm not working, so on a small income so it needs to be paid off, I can't just waltz out and spend $500 in one hit. I live in a small town with a small Big W, no other place that I can think of that will sell 3DS's. I went into Big W yesterday to look for them, couldn't find them anywhere Plenty of PSP's, but I don't like Sony titles for young children.

Why can't I just walk into the shop, pick out two 3DS's in different colours, and put them on laybuy so I can pay them off in time for Christmas!?

Anyone have a solution for that one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    My vent- I've decided to buy my boys a handheld device each for a few reasons- firstly they will be at school next year and I do like a lot of the educational games you can get for a 3DS. Secondly, according to them, they are the only ones without iPods or 3DS's etc

So this is only a recent decision- within the last couple of days. I like to laybuy big purchases like that, as just the consoles alone will cost me $500. (They won't be getting much else for Christmas!!) So I missed the toy sales, so no online laybuy. (Why can't it be available all year round? Direct debit laybuy= happy me!) I'm not working, so on a small income so it needs to be paid off, I can't just waltz out and spend $500 in one hit. I live in a small town with a small Big W, no other place that I can think of that will sell 3DS's. I went into Big W yesterday to look for them, couldn't find them anywhere Plenty of PSP's, but I don't like Sony titles for young children.

Why can't I just walk into the shop, pick out two 3DS's in different colours, and put them on laybuy so I can pay them off in time for Christmas!?

Anyone have a solution for that one?
    Have you checked out second hand ones from EB games? Cheaper than buying them new and I think they still come with a warranty.

How come you cabt just layby them at big w?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-10-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Have you checked out second hand ones from EB games? Cheaper than buying them new and I think they still come with a warranty.

How come you cabt just layby them at big w?

They didn't seem to have them in stock. Admittedly, I didn't ask because my boys were with me and I didn't want them to cotton on to what I was up to- but I would have thought that if they did have them, they would be in the locked cabinet with the other hand held devices?

Thanks, I will check at EB games. We do actually have one here, surprisingly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I got DS one of those bead table things for his first Christmas, similar to the pic below. Also got him a little table and chairs, books and an alphabet magnet board, a xylophone and some blocks...
    By an alphabet board do you mean one of the easel things? I thought that may be a good idea too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalasmooch View Post
    I couldn't find a boys pram to save my life! DS 3 is always playing with them at playgroup so I wanted to get one for his third birthday. I ended up settling for a plastic shopping trolley as we got a little shop set as well, but sure enough he uses the trolley as a pram. He doesn't have a doll but uses his soft toys and still plays baby with them

My sons have a pink pram from kmart. They don't care about colours, DS1' s fave colour is purple. I dont care if a toy is barbie, pink, aimed at girls, if my boys want it I dont mind

DS2 had a 'baby' doll, he took it everywhere for months. It was astounding the amount of grown adults who had a problem with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    By an alphabet board do you mean one of the easel things? I thought that may be a good idea too
    Yep it folds out with a stand and has an easel on one side and magnet board on the other.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (16-10-2013)