+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Hi mini,
    I was in the same position as you after my first mc. I wanted to wait but didn't at the same time. But seeing you didn't get back into cycle then it's probably the best idea to give your body a break. In the meantime have you thought about taking chinese herbs to get your cycle and hormones back in order. I found it work immensely after my last loss to prepare for the next cycle.
    Did you get any results back from testing?
    I'm good. I'm almost 32 weeks. it still feels surreal. X
    Hi Riss, I took some chinese herbs last year but stopped it after a month. I have a lot of doubt in my head about Chinese herbs. It's funny. I'm an Asian with Chinese heritage. And I know how good Chinese herbs can be. But I also know if its not prescribed properly it can do some damage. So I decided to stop the Chinese herbs after a month. Did it work for you? Do you mind giving me the details where you went. You are in Melb too right? I'd be willing to give it another go based on recommendation from people that have tried the herbalist.

So I did ovulation test this cycle and I ovulated on cd 20/cd 21. Quite late in the cycle so I either have 34 day cycle this month or my ovulation isn't synchronized to my cycle. I will need to wait and see. 34 day is a long cycle anyway. I'm going to try acupuncture again.

Wow 32 weeks. How time flies. You are in the home stretch now. When do you finish up work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand completely about taking herbs when not prescribed by a professional. I was recommended a guy from three diff girls on the Lynn burmeister thread who achieved pregnancies through herbs and acupuncture. After my last loss I wanted to just give anything a shot. In a natural cycle I would ovulate really late and have painful periods. Once on the herbs I ovulated bang on day 14 with no pain, heaviness or the usual pmt things plus my cycles went from 32-33 days to exactly 28. I did three months of tcm and acupuncture and achieved the best results in terms of blasts made.

The clinic is called almond wellness centre and the guy is called Richard zeng. He is a lecturer at RMIT so he definitely has cred. He runs two clinics. One in Coburg and one in Wantirna. Not sure which would be closer to you.

I haven't been working. With the stitch and incompetent cervix my OB suggested to stay home. Plus being a primary teacher it would have been hard to not be on my feet all day which would have been risky. I've enjoyed this me time even with all the stress and worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl- sounds like you had great results from you EPU. I actually got 7 eggs and 5 embryos from my cycle so really hoping this proves to be the magic number for you also. Now you can say that you are doing a transfer next month so not long now!

Minib- I can completely understand you being keen to get started again but I think you a definitely doing the right thing in being patient until everything is back on track. Last year, I went to a herbalist as well who has a great reputation and has been known to help those with fertility issues, we persisted for a few months before doing Ivf but I too was concerned about it messing up with my cycle. Luckily it didn't but unfortunately it didn't help us conceive, like you I was willing to give anything a shot though. I've heard great things about acupuncture but never done it myself.

Heartstringz- sorry to hear about your reduced movements but so happy to hear everything turned out ok. I have two weeks left of work and finish on the 16th may, I was talking to Sandra the other day about this and she said she has 15 working days left so I'm guessing it's three weeks to go for her. When do you finish?

A few of us ladies from this thread are now chatting in a closed/private Facebook group so please let me know if you'd like to join, just pm me and I'll add you to the group. We've found it heaps easier keeping in touch there. I'd love for anyone from this thread to join not just those who are having babies soon...hope to hear from you all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot Riss. I'll give the herbalist a call on Monday to make an appointment. The month I fell pregnant my cycle was a perfect 28 days too. Otherwise it's around 33-35 days. Can you also let me know where did you go for acupuncture? I went somewhere in Oakleigh last year but might try somewhere else.

It would definitely been hard to continue working as a primary school teacher. I'm glad you are enjoying 'me' time. A couple more months and you won't be able to have a lot of me time

Annerley, how are you going? How far along are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He does acupuncture too. My experience with him has been really positive. He has helped so many people. I trust him completely that I even took herbs for the first trimester and am still seeing him for accupuncture.

Btw you can tell him Marisa recommended you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley I have one week left of work. Im going on leave a little early as my workplace is extremely stressful & I want to get away from that both for my own & the baby's wellbeing. Cant wait to finish work & rest!!

Ill send you a pm for the facebook group

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be 33wks on Monday, Minib Time has gone fairly quickly but expecting it might slow down once I've finished work. We finished the nursery last weekend & I've done all the washing and ironing for the baby, all that's left to do is pack for the hospital & have the car seat fitted.

I'm pretty excited to finish work, Heartstringz! Bet you'll be relieved to get away from the stress of it all. Send me a message when you get a chance & I'll add you to the group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Heartstringz – I’m really glad you went straight to the hospital with your worries about reduced foetal movement. It’s much better to be safe and get these things checked out. I was supposed to finish up last Friday but they asked me to stay on for another three weeks until the 23rd. I just have to think of the extra money those three weeks means. It still sucks though! How exciting that you finish up in a week. I’m happy to hear that you’re putting yourself and bub first. That place has been very stressful for a long time ….

Minib – Good luck with the acupuncture. I hope it helps regulate your cycles a little more. It’s so hard when they’re so long.

AFM - 31 weeks today - woo hoo! So happy to finally be down to single digits!

I double what Annerley said about the Facebook page. It’s heaps easier and it would really be great if we could all keep in contact!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Chiefsgirl- not long now until your transfer, will you have to take any meds leading up to it? Hope you have been well!

Minib- how is your cycle going? I hoping to hear things are back on track for you

Heartstringz- how are you enjoying mat leave? I'm at the end of my first week and really enjoying the time off, I've got a fair bit done but still a good amount of rest, which is nice!

AFM: I'm 35wks 4days and today is a month until our due date- can't believe it! I started packing for the hospital yesterday and am having the car seat put in this afternoon so just got to finish packing and we are ready. Otherwise, I'll just be cleaning, resting and cooking meals to freeze

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annerley,

Thanks for thinking of me. Wow, for me it seems like the last 35 weeks have gone by so fast - probably haven't for you!

I am just waiting for AF and then I can book in for my FET so it's any day now. I'll be doing a natural FET as my cycles are pretty regular. But I will be doing my immune protocol so am already on steroids and will start antibiotics and clexane injections when I ovulate, I'll also be doing an iv infustion called intralipids a week before transfer. So non medicated in the traditional ivf terms, but medicated because of my immune issues.

Good luck with the birth and please do come back to let us know how you've gone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (23-05-2014)