+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib – After such a horrible experience, I’m happy to hear that you are in a better place. My heart still breaks every time I think of you. I too know that you will have a beautiful rainbow baby and that it won’t be too long. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Annerley – How horrible that you’ve been so sick. Are you feeling any better? The time really has passed quickly hasn’t it. I can’t believe you’re 25 weeks and are able to get things off layby.

Heartstringz – There is nothing wrong with needing to get some peace of mind. How did the scan go?

AFM – Things are going really well. I’m 23 weeks today and feeling great. Bub is quite a mover which is nice. I’m going for another scan next week so it will be good to see how she’s doing. The time seems to be passing very quickly!!

I hope everyone else is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while.

How are you going mini b? Glad the antibiotics helped. It is great you are feeling more optimistic. I felt that looking forward to trying again really made me more focused and positive. I hope to hear wonderful news from you soon. Xx

Sandra- congrats on being 23 weeks. How did your scan go?

Heart strings: that's not good you are feeling stressed. I felt the same as you as some days bubs was much quieter but it was because bubs was in a weird position and my anterior placenta was in the way. Now as I'm 24 weeks I feel some movement every day. Don't feel so bad about not having scans, a doppler is all they need to do to check if the heartbeat is strong. Even as a private patient you only get the major 20 week scan around this time. Even when my OB uses her scanning machine it's only a quick scan just to check the heartbeat if she can't use the doppler. I've only had extra scans because I'm high risk otherwise I would probably pay to do the 3d one too.
    Hope your feeling a little less anxious this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

I am often on this thread just reading all your stories and celebrating all the highs and mourning to lows. I'm currently in my tww for FET#2 my first ended in a MC at 6 weeks. I just wanted to know how all you ladies get through this a second time. I'm really struggling and quite teary too scared to think ahead but worried my lack of positive thoughts are creating a bad energy.

I poas at 4dp5dt and got a positive last time and am 5dp5dt and have a bfn. I know it's still so early I'm just struggling this time. If any one has some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cassy, believe me I know first hand how hard a tww is. I've done 8 cycles and found the wait a killer. I've been through the tww while busy with work and some while on holiday and it doesn't leave your mind. Only thing I suggest is take time for some relaxation. I used the circle and bloom guided relaxation for ivf cycles. It helped chill me out a little and refocus my thoughts on the positive and not the negative.
    I got a super super suuuuuper faint positive at 7dp5dt so I think it's still early to give up. If the embryo did implant then only now will some hcg hormones be in your system.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck CassyJ!

Sandra & Riss - I'm having a better week this week. Have still been a bit anxious but not so bad. I saw the gp about my anxiety though. Baby seems to have been moving around a fair bit so I'm assuming it's all ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz- sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. My little one was kicking heaps about a week ago and then seemed to go on strike for a bit so can understand your worry. She seemed to start up again and then I had the scan, which was great! Good to hear you've had some movements and your baby is going well. I'm glad you spoke to doc about your anxiety, really hope it helps and you can relax a little!

Sandra- I'm back to normal now, thanks! When is your scan? So great to hear that you've felt some kicks, has your DH felt it yet? It's so amazing, isn't it? Time is definitely flying by!

Riss- can't remember if you've said already but have you booked your GTT test yet? Not looking forward to it!

CassyJ- all the best on your journey! Sorry I can't offer any advice but I know the 2ww was definitely the hardest part of my Ivf cycle. Good luck and come back here for a chat to help pass the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley- I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday so will get the slip then. I'm hoping I don't have gd!! It seems like lots of ppl have it. It's only through reading more about it that I have realised how serious it can be. My SIL had it and she used to lie about her results when she used to be over and still eat cake. It wasn't till just before she gave birth that she took insulin shots. Of course her baby ended up being almost 10 pounds. I've been super conscious of what I eat, even more so leading up to the test date.

Heart strings- glad you are seeking help for your anxiety.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean, Riss! It seems like so many people have it and don't take it seriously. I'm almost just expecting I'll have it since so many people do! I'm only doing the 1hr test and have read that because it's a non fasting test that it's easy to fail it but then I'd have to go back and do the 2hr fasting test to double check the result if the 1hr comes up that I possibly have GD. It's apparently common to fail the one hr test and have good results in the 2hr one, hope I don't have to go back and do it again. I'm going on the 22nd so only a week to go! I have been researching good foods to eat up until the test and it's amazing how many forums say to fast anyway (even though it's non fasting) to improve your chances of getting a better result, almost like tricking the test but don't think that's a good idea, if you have GD, you're better off knowing about it and managing it rather than just ticking a box by having the test done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 – The scan went really well. Our little girl is growing nicely and was constantly moving around. The ob said she’s in a breeched position but that it’s still early days and she has plenty of time to turn herself. How are you going with everything?

CassyJ – Good luck with the 2ww. I think it might be a bit too early to test. I got my results at 7dp5dt so give it a few more days. I was lucky enough for it to work the first time so I can’t offer you any advice about the second time around. Just be good to yourself – you’re already superwoman for going through this crazy journey. I have everything crossed for you.

Heartstringz – I’m really happy to hear that you’re having a better week. Did your GP offer you any kind of relaxation exercises you can do when your anxiety starts to creep up?

Annerley – I’m happy to say that I now feel her moving around and kicking every day, almost all day. She is an incredibly active bubba! My ob told me this will continue until about 32 weeks and will then slow down so don’t worry when it does. It’s good that she told me that so I’ll have myself ready for when it does slow down. Yes, DH felt her last time he was home. We were on the couch and she was having a bit of a dancing fit. We laughed at all the crazy movements my stomach was making. It’s just so magical!

As for GD, I’ve been told that I have a 50/50 chance of getting it because of my PCOS. I have my blood tests booked in for mid April and am not looking forward to them. I have to do the 1 hour test and the 2 hour test. I’ve been really good with my food, but sometimes that doesn’t help. My best friend had it with her first and was really controlled and he ended up being 8 pound so not worst case scenario. He is completely healthy though and she doesn’t have any signs of diabetes whatsoever. Good luck next week Annerley!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sandra,

How lovely is it when you can feel your bubba everyday, you are right, it is like magic! I think I'll miss that feeling! Some of the ladies on the April/may/June thread had mentioned that the kicks decrease as baby is getting bigger and sleeps a lot more, it's really good to know this in advance!

I wanted to let you know my GD test went well, it wasn't too bad and better yet, I found out I have no GD and my iron levels are normal, I'm so happy! I know what you mean though, everyone told me not to worry since I haven't blown out during pregnancy and my diet isn't too bad but I still felt this wouldn't be enough, especially since exercise is virtually non existent for me. Best of luck for you test and results, I hope you get the same news as me!

I have my baby shower this weekend. I know it sounds bad but I've been wiling for it to be over and done with until now but am finally at the point where I'm excited for it, I mean how long have we waited to celebrate our babies upcoming arrival with family and friends

I hope you are well and hi to everyone else also- I'll be heading for the third trimester on Monday, eeeekk! Can't believe it!!