+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - I was the opposite. Both of my parents had to keep working and it’s always stuck in my head. I want to be there for my kids as much as I possibly can. I’m like you, I don’t care what people think regardless. I’ve got a few friends who are stay at home mums and absolutely love it while others had to go back to work. I don’t think I’ll get judged for it, but if I do then so be it. My little bundle of joy is what is important! Ha ha - your story is so like mine!
    A big CONGRATULATIONS on your little girl!! Wow, so amazing!!! And great news about your placenta being high off your cervix. Have you called your ob yet? I’m so excited for you that you finally got to do more shopping! And even more excited that you’re feeling more movements!! How does it feel to be half way?

Heartstringz - Only two more days to wait! You must be so happy that it’s finally here. And how exciting that you might be feeling movement! Has it gotten any different?

Riss - Congratulations on reaching 19 weeks! I too have an anterior placenta so it’s great to hear that you are feeling movements already. I hope I do too! Good luck with the 20 week scan.

JB - I know what you mean about all the stuff you can get. It’s a bit overwhelming at times isn’t it! The pram is the only big ticket item that I haven’t bought yet because of all the different styles there are. It’s just too hard! Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will be looking at the Mountain Buggy next time I feel brave enough to go into the shop. I guess you have a bit more to think about than the rest of us with the twins.

Hope - It’s so good to hear from you! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! What a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Sandra. We are really excited and have done lots of shopping!
    I have heard from my obs and we got the all clear!!
    It doesn't seem like that long ago I was saying that I couldn't believe that I was under 30wks to go and now it's under 20, next thing I know I'll only have 9wks to go!
    That's great that you've decided to stay at home due to your own experiences. The main things I remember from my early childhood was the fun I had playing games with my sis and being home with my mum whilst only dad worked, there were so many happy times so I'm looking forward to it!
    Only one more week to go for you, can't wait to hear what you're having.

Heartstringz- good luck for Friday!! Enjoy seeing your little one!

I got out a Baby Bunting checklist today and ticked off what I have a crossed off what I don't think I'd need then made a list of what was left to get and I was so surprised that I don't have much to go. A lot of what is left is to get more swaddles, singlets, body suits, face washers and dummies (the stuff you tend to get at your baby shower so been trying not to buy many of these), the only other things I need are pram toys, car window shades, a thermometer (and bath thermometer) and a baby monitor. Finally getting there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - Yay!! You must be so relieved to know that everything is going so beautifully. You have a healthy little girl on board Printing off a check list is actually a really great idea. I think I'll do that today at some stage. It's too hard to try and figure it all out in your head.

I thought I'd upload a pic of my bump taken this morning. I'm 18 weeks and 3 days. I love watching it grow!!

photo.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great bump pic Sandra! I'm looking forward to my scan tomorrow, but still a little nervous. I think I'm feeling bub moving, it feels a little harder now - like something pushing on the inside of my stomach.

Annerley, that's awesome that you got the all clear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I love that we all still come back to this thread - it's so nice seeing how everyone is going!

Sandra that is a lovely bump you have there I agree, it's so fun watching it grow! I just noticed your due date - 7/7/14 - that is such a cool birthday to have (if it happens of course!)

Here is a progressive photo of my bump:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391724937.410305.jpg
    I am still waiting for obvious movement, I think I have been feeling a few tickles here and there but sometimes I wonder if I am imagining it!

Heartstringz how did your scan go? I always get nervous before each scan too, I am having them fortnightly until 20 weeks just to keep an eye on everything but as that 2 week mark approaches I start getting nervous again... silly but unavoidable I think!

Hope4baby - gorgeous photos! I am also in the process of meeting a couple of photographers for "bump, birth, baby" photos but still have about 10 weeks until the bump pics would be taken.

Riss how are you going? When is your 20 week scan? That is very cool that you've been feeling bub move more - i can't wait!

Hope everyone is having a nice day and staying cool if you're in the warm states!!

xx
    Last edited by Jb2011; 07-02-2014 at 08:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My scan went well today! It was very exciting seeing our little bub again bouncing around, it was very active in there. Can't wait till I can feel it moving properly. Didn't find out what we are having, it will be a nice surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Heartstringz- did you get the results straight away? Good on you for being strong in keeping the surprise going, I admire your patience and will power that you didn't give in!

Sandra you look fantastic and JB I love your timeline of pics, so good to see the changes, you look great too!

I bet you're getting excited for your big scan Sandra!!

AFM: Today DH and I spent the afternoon putting to cot and change table together. I haven't put the linen on yet as I want to wash and iron it all first and I feel like it might be a bit early to have the linen sitting out but I love having the cot and change table in the nursery. Now just have to wait for someone nice and strong (and not pregnant) to come over and help DH lift the chest of drawers into the baby's room, it's really happening ladies!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 08-02-2014 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb - I love your pictures. Your belly is growing so beautifully! Congratulations!

Heartstringz - I'm really happy to hear that your scan went well. You are such a stronger person than I am for not finding out. What an amazing surprise it will be at the end.

Annerley - How exciting that your nursery is coming together! Do you just keep walking past it and smiling? I would! Yes, it is really happening. You're going to be a mum in about 19 weeks!

AFM - I just had the 19 week scan and everything is absolutely perfect. Everything measures as it should and all organs are working properly. We found out we're having a little girl!! I'm so excited it's ridiculous. Now I can finally start thinking of nursery ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra HUGE congrats on having a little girl. I'm so excited that we are both having little girls!! There are so many name options so we were finding it hard to pick the perfect one. Have fun shopping! Happy to hear everything went well with the scan too!

I love going into the room but so far it's just a cot with a mattress and change table, can't wait until it's all done! I can't stop looking at the clothes I bought her and yesterday I bought a rattle and a ball, both peter rabbit theme so she'll have some toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's so good to see everyone is still posting in this thread.

Annerley, congrats on having a girl. His exciting. Lots of cute girls stuff out there. You sound very organised! It's awesome isn't it? Everything is coming together nicely.

Sandra, yay congrats on the all clear 19 week scan and having a girl too. Half way there!

Heartstringz, so patient to not find out the gender. I don't think I can do it hehe. Good to see all going well too.

JB, love the progress pics. Such a good idea for memories. How are you feeling? How far along are you now? I think you are about 4 weeks ahead of me?

Hope4baby, beautiful pics!! Such a nice backdrop for your baby bump pic. How are you feeling?

Riss, how's your 20 week scan?

AFM, I'm 11w3d now. My 12 week scan is next week which I really can't wait. The last couple of weeks have flown and I'm feeling much better in the last week. Less morning sickness, which I'm happy about. Now just need the all clear for 12 week scan. My tummy popped around 8 weeks but have seem to stabilsed in the last couple of weeks. I'm not worried as I feel really strongly everything will be fine.

Listening to all your shopping makes me want to start looking at baby stuff. I will have quite a lot of hand me down from my sister and a good friend. There are a lot of stuff up buy isn't it? Think we will do quite well from the hand me down. They all look really new still so I'm really happy about that.