+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All the best with your scan Annerley! Im excited about mine too, its on Friday 7th so pretty close now! Hope you enjoy your shopping trip!

Sandra glad everything is good with you, hope its not too long before you feel baby!

For the past few days ive felt something really low down (just above pubic bone) which was like little bubbles popping! I wonder if it is the baby! Im not sure how low down it would be. I hope it is the baby

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So we found out today that we are having a little GIRL!

20wk scan went well, I have to call my obs this week to get the full report but the sonographer said everything looked great and the size seemed to be on track, my placenta is also high off the cervix!

I spent the rest of the day shopping for baby girl clothes, also bought got a box of the Huggies newborn nappies at Target and a mattress protector, cot sheet set and breast pads as well. This past week I've ordered baby bottles, a steriliser, bottle warmer and breast pump too. I plan to breast feed but will express occasionally.

I felt some kicks when I put my hand on my belly just before bed last night (not really strong ones but still strong enough that I felt my tummy move a few times), which was really exciting! Heartstringz, I felt the popping bubble feeling in my tummy just before the flutters started, not long now!

The countdown is on to you both have your scans now! Sandra, we'll have to see if you are better at guessing for yourself than I was :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay how exciting Annerley! have you ordered your nursery furniture yet? Sounds like you are really organised with buying all the stuff you will need!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Heartstringz- I'm still in a bit of shock over finding out that it's a girl. If you would have asked me 12mths ago what I wanted (besides a healthy baby of course), I would have said a girl but since everything was pointing to a boy, I went with that. I even said to hubby now that it looks like we are getting our little girl, I won't mind at all what the second one is so maybe I'll be strong and have a surprise, especially since we'll be even more organised after having one but it's easy for me to say now, I wouldn't be surprised if I still gave in!

My parents bought us our nursery furniture for Christmas so it's all in boxes at the moment and just need to put it all together since we are now back from holidays, my parents in law bought us our pram, so we have been really lucky! We have our car seat on layby and I also have a nappy bag and baby bath so the only other major thing I think I'll need is a baby monitor. How are you going with your baby purchases? Something's are definitely easier than others as the pram and bottle options were doing my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!
    Sorry for being AWOL! I'm still here. So nice to see this thread still going.

Wow Annerley congratulations on your little girl. Glad that everything was all good with the scan. Mine is still over a week away!
    You are super organised with all your purchases. I haven't bought anything yet and won't till probably 25 weeks but I've been googling like crazy and know what I want to get and looking for the best prices. What pram did you end up with? Ever one I look at that I love is over a grand! But I guess it's the one thing that gets used the most so it will be worth it if I get one I love.

Muppa- I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through. My heart broke when I read your update. Sending you big hugs and know you are in my thoughts. I really hope you get some answers about that doc. That's horrible you had to go through that twice. Please keep us updated with how you are going. If you want to chat please pm me. I know the grief you are feeling. Big hugs again! X

Mini b- how are you going? How many weeks now?

Sandra- glad to hear all is progressing well. I know how you feel about the sleeplessness. My hips get so sore if I lie on one side too long.

AFM I'm am 19 weeks tomorrow. Getting through the 17 week mark was hard and I had my moments. My stitch is holding up and will get it checked next at my 20 week scan.
    I have been feeling the flutters and popping for a couple of weeks every now and then. Yesterday I felt a big pop/kick it actually frightened me! Hehe i have an anterior placenta so I thought it would be ages to feel something but maybe it has moved up.
    Good to hear from you girls! Now to update my due date thread!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your little girl Annerley, very exciting!! Must have been so fun going shopping afterwards!

Riss that's wonderful news that you made it through 17wks, I can imagine how hard it must have been. I'm with you re:shopping - not buying anything til around 25/26 weeks - it is hard to wait though! We have made a few decisions on things we like though ie: pram, car seats and nursery furniture - it's nice to have big decisions made. We went shopping yesterday for friends who just had a baby and OMG there is SO much "stuff" you can get, I'm sure half of it isn't needed!

Prams are hard as there are so many of them and pushing them around the store is easy but once you go on grass, sand, walking with the dog, push with 1 hand, up and down hills etc it's a different story so it's really hard for ppl to really know how the pram will behave once they start doing their normal stuff. So you really need to know what you will use it for. Fortunately with being a nanny for 10 years I've used a lot of different prams so I had a very good idea of what would work for us that being walking on grass/"off road" areas, adjustable handle for my 6'7 DH, walking the dog with it, being able to buy groceries and have storage space, easy to push/control with 1 hand if needed etc. There are some very popular brands out there that I hate and are useless once you're doing anything but strolling. We decided on the mountain buggy double, it was a no brainer really. Have you looked at the Mountain buggy? They are well under $1000 and an absolutely awesome pram. Obviously it's a personal choice but I do highly recommend it! Good luck with deciding.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb & Riss glad you are both going well!!

Annerley we have our nursery furniture, pram & car seat on layby. I was pretty nervous buying this early but the furniture has such a long waiting time that if we didnt order early we would have been cutting it fine to have time to set up the baby's room.

Have you ladies who are waiting to buy checked the waiting times on the furniture you want? We were told some brands can be up to 20 weeks.

We found the pram one of the hardest things to buy too cause there are so many! In the end we chose the Steelcraft Agile Plus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you JB. Just purchased a Mountain Buggy Terrain. I love it! Can't wait to hit the beach or trails with the dogs... it looks like it will go everywhere. For me those other prams everyone raves about would keep me stuck to shopping centres and city stuff. Can't wait to take bub out and about. how r u feeling with 2 in there?

Riss. That sucks that you've had a bad time of it. Hoping the stitch does its job and your day to day life gets more comfortable.

Hearts. Congrats on feeling the start of movements.

Sandra minib and everyone else, hope you are all well, and enjoying these moments as much as I am good vibes to us all.

I thought I'd share some bump pics I got taken yesterday, I don't post here regularly, but I do read almost everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope4baby those pics are great!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Hope4Baby  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss- I think the research and choosing what brand and type of everything is most of the battle, even though you haven't bought anything, the fact that you have picked out what you want to go with for a few things will really help! Some of the choices were making my head spin! I went with a Bugaboo Cameleon, not the cheapest unfortunately but it's what I've always wanted and DHs parents were very generous and gave us some money towards baby purchases, so we were able to get it and put some money towards the car seat too, so were very lucky there.
    Hope your scan goes well next week, Riss! I'm sure you are excited to see your little boy again!

JB- the shopping trip was so much fun, imagine you being able to buy cute little matching outfits!! How have you been feeling?
    You made a great point about not really being able to test the prams out properly in the shops, I just made sure I took the one I got down a few isles of the store so I could make sure I could turn corners easily. You're so lucky that you've been able to try a few different baby things before buying, that would make it all so much easier!

Heartstringz- certainly agree with you there! The pram was definitely the hardest decision of all...besides the name choice now I know what I'm having!!

Hope- it sounds like you've got some awesome places near you to get out and about, your little one will love all the adventures and exploring you do with him.

Chiefsgirl- Hi, hope you are going well also

Minib- how are you going and how many weeks now?

Muppa- still thinking of you xx